What's new

Who will stand up for white linebackers?

Former Gator Channing Crowder: It’s disgraceful when white LBs run down John Brantley
by Jason Lieser

Everything about the Florida Gators would be more interesting if they replaced offensive coordinator Steve Addazio with Channing Crowder.

Crowder, a Miami Dolphins linebacker who played at Florida until 2004, is disgusted with the post-Tim Tebow offense and said new QB John Brantley’s indecisiveness and lack of mobility is the team’s biggest issue.
Crowder

Crowder

“They don’t have an identity,” Crowder told reporters immediately after last week’s game at Green Bay, which followed Florida’s 10-7 loss to Mississippi State. “They don’t know what — John Brantley don’t know what he wants to do. He can’t outrun anybody. I saw him get run down by a white linebacker last week, which was a disgrace to all Florida football history.”

Later in the week, Crowder continued along that track and might have even included Trey Burton in his outrage. He references “your running quarterback,” who also seems to have a problem evading Caucasian defenders.

“You can see the offense is nothing without Tebow,” Crowder told the Post’s Ben Volin last week. “When I saw a white linebacker … ran down Brantley twice, I said, ‘Yeah, we have no chance.’

“First he’s a linebacker. Tim Tebow would’ve walked away from a linebacker, and he’s white. If a white linebacker is running down your running quarterback, we don’t have a chance.

“They should put (offensive lineman Mike Pouncey) back at quarterback — let him run.

“It doesn’t seem like they have a great game plan either. I don’t know. It seems like they’re out there nonchalant, like, ‘Oh well, that didn’t work, let’s try to throw it.’ I don’t know, they’re killing me.”

https://blogs.palmbeachpost.com/gat...aceful-when-white-lbs-run-down-john-brantley/

Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton, anyone? Who will stand up for white linebacker equality? Maybe Zach Thomas can start a new career as a civil rights "leader."

Such a stupid comment considering that one of the position white guys actually excel at in both the NFL and college is LB and OLB.