What's new

Who will win Rookie of the Year? (select all that apply)

Who will win Rookie of the Year?

• Total voters
I also just like Donovan. If forced to pick a nickname, I would vote for Spiderman over "Spida" but that's just me.

I know he likes to be called "spida" but I think it sounds stupid, also, why? What significance does a spider (assuming that is the reference) have in basketball? Was he afraid of them once? Does he collect them? Eat them? Just a fan of spiders? Makes no sense. He needs a new nickname.

I know he likes to be called "spida" but I think it sounds stupid, also, why? What significance does a spider (assuming that is the reference) have in basketball? Was he afraid of them once? Does he collect them? Eat them? Just a fan of spiders? Makes no sense. He needs a new nickname.
I think it originated with a coach in highschool who called him that because of his long arms.

You should probably get used to it, 'cause it isn't changing.

I think it originated with a coach in highschool who called him that because of his long arms.

You should probably get used to it, 'cause it isn't changing.
This is why he’s called it, and he seems to really like the nickname “spida” a lot. I like Donovan.

I call him donovan the most. The Rookie the 2nd most (usually when talking to my wife about him) and spida 3rd most

Have you never seen The Amazing Spider-Man?

Spiders got a lot of arms too. If there was a basketball player with 8 arms, that would probably be a big advantage. Imagine a human sized spider in passing lanes.

A lot of spiders can jump really high. Jumping spiders can jump 50x their body height. That would be pretty nice in basketball.

Spiders also got a lot of eyes. They can see a lot of ****. That would be nice in basketball (hence Spider-man's "spidey sense")

I mean, you can pretty much make most animals good at basketball since most animals are way more athletic than humans.

Spiders got a lot of arms too. If there was a basketball player with 8 arms, that would probably be a big advantage. Imagine a human sized spider in passing lanes.

A lot of spiders can jump really high. Jumping spiders can jump 50x their body height. That would be pretty nice in basketball.

Spiders also got a lot of eyes. They can see a lot of ****. That would be nice in basketball (hence Spider-man's "spidey sense")

I mean, you can pretty much make most animals good at basketball since most animals are way more athletic than humans.
It’s hard to jump off one foot when you’ve got eight legs.

Spida, you stutterin’ prick. That cast on your foot’s as big as your ****ing head!

Cy is high.

I usually call him Don'ov'a Mitch, said like son of a bitch.

But I like the Spida name. I find it humorous when people call him Spider because they dont know what his real nickname is or cant handle saying that word that way.

The Hayward Killer.

Or is that Jae Crowder?