What's new

Who would you have taken at #42?

Cappy_Smurf

OK. I have to admit it was kind of a buzz kill, after trading up for Mitchell, to trade the #42 to move up 2 spots. Especially since almost none of us had Bradley as a desired pick. I think most of us would have felt differently if DL had reached for someone we liked, but this was not really the case. Kinda feels like the Lyles pick, where we have to talk ourselves into believing in this pick.

However, in my case, I had 5-6 guys I wanted at #42, and NONE of them lasted that far, so it's not that big of a deal for me, overall.

So for those of you who are still mad about it, or even just questioning it, who would you have taken at #42?

Now is your chance to say I told ya so if Bradley doesn't work out. Otherwise, if you don't make your choice, don't use your hindsight 3 years from now to say what we should have done. Only sissies play that game.

Dennis seemed to indicate that the Jazz traded to 28 out of concern that the Lakers would take Bradley at 28 and they bribed the Lakers with 30 + 42.

Lessort and Hartenstein were still on the board at 42, but since the Jazz took a big, I'd have looked at wings like Sterling Brown or Sindarius Thornwell.

Dennis seemed to indicate that the Jazz traded to 28 out of concern that the Lakers would take Bradley at 28 and they bribed the Lakers with 30 + 42.

Lessort and Hartenstein were still on the board at 42, but since the Jazz took a big, I'd have looked at wings like Sterling Brown or Sindarius Thornwell.
Pretty much this.

Sent from my Z981 using JazzFanz mobile app

I was hoping for a trade up into the early 30s. I loved the trade up for Mitchell. Would have sat tight at #30 and seen who fell. If it's Bradley at that point, then so be it. They clearly had him rated highly. After that, I try to package #42, #55 and cash to buy a pick in the early to mid 30s and draft either Jonah Bolden or Semi Ojeleye to fill Lyle's vacated PF spot.

Ok, I guess you should specify your take at #30 and at #42.

Don't just say 3 guys here and then 8 guys there.

I feel the two guys we got in the first add to our overall defense. We added perimeter de and rim protection for the second unit, had we kept pick 42, we could've added a combination of perimeter defense and interior defense, along with a lot more athletic ability with the addition of Jordan Bell, along with versatility going big or small, run and gun or even quicken the pace

Assuming we resign Hill or some other vet pg, our second unit would look like this.

Exum
Mitchell Burks
Ingles JJ
Bell JJ
Bradley

Against GS Bell takes over backup C duties.

The jazz could've had an all world defensive team. Maybe best ever. I would think best defense ever puts u in title contention and around 60+ wins every year

I had Bradley #28 on my big board. And the Jazz traded up to take him at 28. So I'm okay with that. I don't mind the aggressive move they made to get the player they wanted either. I actually liked it. I'm perfectly fine with the Bradley pick. I was only a little upset in the moment, when they picked him, because I'm high on Semi Ojeleye and Jordan Bell. They were both higher on my board than Bradley.

If they would have stayed at 30 and 42 I would have drafted
30- Ojeleye
42- Deonte Burton (ended up going undrafted but I like him a lot)

By my big board the best available players were:
16. Ike Anigbou
31. Isaiah Hartenstein
33. Sindarius Thornwell
38. Sterling Brown
40. George De Paula
41. Aleksandar Vezenkov

I don't know what the red flags with Ike's medicals were so I don't know how to evaluate him in this scenario. But yeah... somebody on this list here.

I am very, very happy with our draft. We got two great fits and promising players at two positions of need in the first round. And I even like the NWG pick.

Did any of us really think we were going to draft 4 players? #42 would have been nice, but probably more for the GLeague.

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app