What's new

Who You Got?: LaMarcus Aldridge vs. Derrick Favors

The article looks at numbers and concludes that Favors is a better defender, better rebounder in traffic and more efficient scorer due to where he takes his shots, albeit in a less prominent offensive role than Aldridge played last year.

Looking at the numbers, Favors has a problem in the 3-10" range. It's the one bugaboo left in his game.

LMA on the Spurs will probably play defense, so we'll have to see how it goes this year. He'll probably stay ahead of Favors.

Between Aldridge and Favors I can honestly say that I think favors is a better player. Aside from stat lines we already can see the facts on paper. Aldridge scores more points than favors, And grabs more boards. However Aldridge has also received outstanding minutes his entire career, Favors is just now starting to see the minutes he deserves. I think favors shows advantages in areas that some stat lines cannot provide you with. His drive, and willingness to improve continues to grow. Not to mention his dedication to the Jazz. Aldridge has better range, and rebounding toughness. Favors has better foot work and his defense is better. If he could get tough on the boards and finess that midrange jumper, he'd be in the spotlight, not Aldridge. Favors is better because he will develop the midrange jumper and he will get tougher on the boards. I say to hell with Aldridge, let the Spurs have em.