What's new

Who's the biggest loss from last season?

The Jazz Wonderbra

The consensus at this point is that we have not melded into the team we were last season. But what is the biggest loss from 2018 to 2019?

Derrick Favors - Defense, Rebounding and da DF Express

Jae Crowder - Toughness, Leadership, Passion, 3 pt flop chucking and the thickest single dreadlock in the state of Utah

Ricky Rubio - Passing, Length on the perimeter, and that elite 27.8% 3 pt shooting

Raul Neto - Bench Leadership, Toughness, hitting open 3s, and the video game Lil Howler references

Ekpe Udoh - Scholar and a Gentleman, Bench Presence, Gail's pet, and dat Shnozz

Other?

Discuss...

I can't say Favors. Bogdanovic has been great and you can only have Fave back as the starting 4.

I would probably go with Neto or Crowder but we actually need wings on bench unit. Kinda makes me wonder if Kidd would get a chance with the Conley injury.

The Jazz are a better team this year you morons.

Through 28 games last year the Jazz were 13-15. Yall have the shortest memories ever.
Can we be better this year and still have an opinion on who was the biggest loss from last season? Of course we can you moron

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

The Jazz are a better team this year you morons.

Through 28 games last year the Jazz were 13-15. Yall have the shortest memories ever.
Our winning percentage now is not as good as it was last season. The stupid comparison to our horrible start last season is not an example of how good this team really is compared to last year. There is no reason at this time to expect the late season performance the team had last year.

Sent from my SM-G973U using JazzFanz mobile app

Our winning percentage now is not as good as it was last season. The stupid comparison to our horrible start last season is not an example of how good this team really is compared to last year. There is no reason at this time to expect the late season performance the team had last year.

Sent from my SM-G973U using JazzFanz mobile app
And regular season record should not be used as the sole indicator of how good a team's gonna be. For the record, Derozan's Raptors had a better regular seasons record than Kawhi's raptors last season, but now we all know which team is the superior one. Quin's strategy of playing starters heavy minutes might work against most bad teams in the regular season, more so than the team we had in the last couple of seasons. But it surely won't work against other strong teams in the playoffs. Maybe 1 game or 2, but not in a 7 game series.

And regular season record should not be used as the sole indicator of how good a team's gonna be. For the record, Derozan's Raptors had a better regular seasons record than Kawhi's raptors last season, but now we all know which team is the superior one. Quin's strategy of playing starters heavy minutes might work against most bad teams in the regular season, more so than the team we had in the last couple of seasons. But it surely won't work against other strong teams in the playoffs. Maybe 1 game or 2, but not in a 7 game series.
Playing mostly starters heavy minutes in the playoffs won't work?

Be honest, have you ever watched the NBA playoffs?

Playing mostly starters heavy minutes in the playoffs won't work?

Be honest, have you ever watched the NBA playoffs?
Will work for other teams when they have someone like Lebron or Kawhi. Won't work for us. Even players like Harden had hard time adjusting to the heavy work load and lack of rotations in HOU during playoffs, you think we have players that are even remotely comparable talent wise to those superstars in the league who can singlehandedly give you Ws if you play them heavy minutes?

I tend to think Crowder played a bigger role than we give him credit. Mostly due to his toughness. Favors brought the same thing so perhaps it's a downgrade in toughness that is the biggest difference.

Also, the way we won games last year was different than this year. We are letting weak teams come back from 20 point deficits. The record isnt the issue because last year we had an even harder schedule. It's the fact that our wins are not against many quality teams and when we win it's by a few points whereas last year we lead the league in blowouts.

Favors and Crowders toughness imho. We swapped it for bogdonovic and putting lngles on the bench. Now that he is starting we have more toughness but the bench is soft.

Will work for other teams when they have someone like Lebron or Kawhi. Won't work for us. Even players like Harden had hard time adjusting to the heavy work load and lack of rotations in HOU during playoffs, you think we have players that are even remotely comparable talent wise to those superstars in the league who can singlehandedly give you Ws if you play them heavy minutes?
I don't understand your argument.

If you were saying playing starters heavy minutes during the season will reduce their effectiveness during the playoffs I would have been with you. But all teams shrink their rotations during the playoffs. It doesn't matter if we have LeBron, Kawhi or (puke) Harden. Our best players are going to play more during the playoffs.

I don't understand your argument.

If you were saying playing starters heavy minutes during the season will reduce their effectiveness during the playoffs I would have been with you. But all teams shrink their rotations during the playoffs. It doesn't matter if we have LeBron, Kawhi or (puke) Harden. Our best players are going to play more during the playoffs.
Whether or not teams do it is one thing. Whether or not it works is another. Quin playing starters heavy minutes to eek out wins against bad teams in the regular season should not be indicative of us being a better team overall than last season is all I am saying.