What's new

Who's the Most Important Piece for the Jazz?

Who is the most important piece for the Jazz moving forward?

• Total voters
I'm saying that your statement assumes that Hack agrees with Green's assessment of the team's potential with and without Exum. If we agree with Green's evaluation, then yes, he's right. Deron's team was "good". But that statement is completely random. There is no explanation of why this team minus Exum peaks at that level, or even what exactly is meant by "Deron level good". Deron's team competed in a different environment, and the achievements of that team would be different today. Or does he simply mean Deron's team at its peak relative to the strength of the conference? Meaning that we'll peak as a strong playoffs team, but not a real contender. There is hardly any reasoning to back Green's statement, and thus no reason to accept it.

tl;dr

I could tell by midway through that you'd over-thought things. Besides, "good" was Hack's word not green's. So, you over-thought things and got them wrong.

also.... I asked Hack a question with two scarequotes ..... so, ****, man... take a pill or something.

Love QS and DL and cannot argue against them. But you still need serious talent to win it all and I think Rudy might be that guy. QS and DL will keep them forever competitive, Rudy just might get us a parade.
I love what Gobert has done so don't get me wrong. But I think he may be getting a little over-hyped on this board and other places right now. Hayward and Favors are still our best players right now. Though I'd put Gobert and Hood very close to them. I'd also say Gobert and Hood both have the ability to possibly surpass them in the next few years.

tl;dr

I could tell by midway through that you'd over-thought things. Besides, "good" was Hack's word not green's. So, you over-thought things and got them wrong.

Poignant and respectful, as always.

Like Hack said, "Gobert and it's not even close." He's a legit DPOY candidate. Quin is showing he's a very good coach, but there are several others who are or could be at the same level or higher. Can't say that about Gobert. He's already a game changer. He's made the Jazz rethink their philosophy and timeline. Hayward is good, but not an all-star. Replace him with Hood and the Jazz don't suffer all that much in the starting lineup. We've only had Exum for a few games this year. He has had minimal impact. Sure, the Jazz would contend if he became an all-star. But you could say that about any PG. If they were to draft Grant and he became an all-star, Jazz would contend, If they convinced a top-10 PG to come over as a FA, Jazz would contend.

That's a terrible argument.

We'll be good with or without Exum.

That wasn't my argument. I said they'd be good without Exum being an All Star. I said they be as good as Deron's teams, which reached the WCF.

What I said is that Exum may be the difference between titles and really good.

I'm saying that your statement assumes that Hack agrees with Green's assessment of the team's potential with and without Exum. If we agree with Green's evaluation, then yes, he's right. Deron's team was "good". But that statement is completely random. There is no explanation of why this team minus Exum peaks at that level, or even what exactly is meant by "Deron level good". Deron's team competed in a different environment, and the achievements of that team would be different today. Or does he simply mean Deron's team at its peak relative to the strength of the conference? Meaning that we'll peak as a strong playoffs team, but not a real contender. There is hardly any reasoning to back Green's statement, and thus no reason to accept it.

Lol. You is smart.