What's new

Why are we still stuck with Tony Bradley?

This thread made sense last year OR if you put your head under a rock during summer league. Bradley turned my head. In fact, I even coughed. TWICE! Doc says everything is in order for Bradley to contribute from time to time next year.

Tony Bradley just had his best summer league ever. Big men sometimes take time to develop. He's 6'10" with a 7'5" wingspan. Dennis Lindsey always goes for the big wingspan, it's what he lives for.

Don't forget the pad hands...

If the season goes well, (55 wins plus) I reckon Bradley could see some floor time at the end of the year to get a decent evaluation of him before making a decision on his contract. That said worrying about the talent level of your 12th man is one of those good problems.

It doesn't really matter that hes still our 15th man, he should have never been drafted though. That is the real issue.

so who else would you have suggested get drafted at 29 or whatever it was ??
Not a center on a team and in a league with too many centers. To answer your question more directly - which I don’t think is at all necessary - standing pat and drafting Josh Hart would’ve been great.

so who else would you have suggested get drafted at 29 or whatever it was ??

Derrick White, Josh Hart, Frank Jackson, Semi Ojeleye, Dillon Brooks, Monte Morris ....... All guys who were talked about at the time. Bradley was an immediate head scratcher.

Well, Lindsey heard SA liked Bradley, so Dennis bit on the fake and drafted Tony before the Spurs could. We know it was likely a complete smokescreen by SA. The apprentice gets schooled by the master.

Oh wait, I probably can't use that word. In any case, Dennis was completely fooled.

It's funny to me how much some people hate Bradley and want to waive him off. The guy has some unique abilities and has work ethic.

Lmao, what unique abilities does he have? He can rebound? He’s a fat, big. That’s what he’s supposed to do. It’s not unique...unless you meant he has two inch vert and in a league where guys have an average vert of over 30 inches, that’s very unique.

We would cut him because he's taking up a roster spot that's more critical for us than I think most people give credit for if we're actually pursuing a chip. Who's your most important player? Some might say Donovan or Conley. But I think it's overwhelmingly obvious that it's Rudy. Both Conley and Donovan's minutes can be far more easily patched. But given Rudy's versatile shudown defense, screen setting and rim rolling, he is by FAR the most important cog in this Jazz wheel. IF he even goes down even with a friggin' ankle sprain (and at 7'1" he's not proven to be all that durable), the Jazz are in trouble on both ends of the floor. I would rather play Jeff Green in backup center minutes over Tony Bradley.

Again with the Body stuff

Again it's not the money he's not costing us - for real championship contenders, that shouldn't matter AT ALL. We should be willing to go over the tax to make the most competitive and complete team ready to win the whole thing. It's the roster spot that it's costing us.....

So you want an open roster spot? Who are you going to fill it with? Tony is right now a 3rd stringer who has improved quite a bit but his minutes are going to be limited and determined by match ups. The Jazz see him every day and feel he is progressing because they just extend him. He is a good rebounder which is needed on this team. I don't know what you expect for a kid who is twenty and working hard to improve which he has. There are not any centers sitting at home waiting for a call. Beside anyone better and they are going to want $$$ and playing time.

Lmao, what unique abilities does he have? He can rebound? He’s a fat, big. That’s what he’s supposed to do. It’s not unique...unless you meant he has two inch vert and in a league where guys have an average vert of over 30 inches, that’s very unique.
Dude isn't fat. He has put up decent numbers doing preseason against NBA talent. Most people hate him simply because he can't jump out of the gym. There are plenty of guys who can do that but can't make it in the nba. Vertical is fun for the dunk contest but it is overrated in actual games.

Bradley was probably wondering if Davis would flip a Regular Season switch. He did.

I like Bradley, but once again it’s tough to see where he gets playing time. Especially when you consider that Jeff Green is a valid small-ball 5 option.

Rudy played too many minutes in game 1, though, so maybe some scraps will become available.

He is boring but efficient and fundamentally sound. I just dont get how he gets so many rebounds when he cant jump

Dude isn't fat. He has put up decent numbers doing preseason against NBA talent. Most people hate him simply because he can't jump out of the gym. There are plenty of guys who can do that but can't make it in the nba. Vertical is fun for the dunk contest but it is overrated in actual games.
He also can’t shoot.

Bradley was probably wondering if Davis would flip a Regular Season switch. He did.

I like Bradley, but once again it’s tough to see where he gets playing time. Especially when you consider that Jeff Green is a valid small-ball 5 option.

Rudy played too many minutes in game 1, though, so maybe some scraps will become available.

Garbage time with him and Brantley should be fun to watch though.

Lmao! So he kicked *** in his whole 12.8 minutes per game in meaningless preseason games against fringe nba guys. Great. That’s always a tell-tale sign of NBA success.