What's new

Why doesn't anybody talk about Aldridge or Love?

Justys

Don't hate me because, I love Favors and think that he's a true talent to build around. I'm just wondering if LaMarcus Aldridge or Kevin Love gave Jazz a chance to make a pitch to them on a 2 year deal max, with an opt out clause after the 1st year, would you make that Pitch? I personally like Aldridge better then Love but, either player would pull the Defense a little more then Favors. And both players our better offensive players.

So, would you guys give up on Favors IF, Jazz could land Love or Aldridge? Both, might give the Jazz a chance because there going to be contenders for years to come. Both, could be the main offensive option on the Jazz. Both, have been rumored to want out at the end of the year. Rumors today have Aldridge giving the Spurs a chance and there's always rumors of Love to LA. And again being a Jazz fan, I think the Jazz will be a better place to contend for years to come. Then, the rebuild projects for those 2 teams.

Anyways don't hate, just wondering.

I brought Aldridge up in another thread and it got ignored. I think most folks assume we have less than no shot with those guys so why bother. Personally I would hope the Jazz would at least look into it. Imagine Aldridge alongside Gobert with a real PG. Wow. Our point differential would be +20 average.

I brought Aldridge up in another thread and it got ignored. I think most folks assume we have less than no shot with those guys so why bother. Personally I would hope the Jazz would at least look into it. Imagine Aldridge alongside Gobert with a real PG. Wow. Our point differential would be +20 average.

move Favors to the bench??

Durants free agency is coming up... We should probably start talking about that.

Even better, with Aldridge we could package, Trey, Lotto pick, future g.s./okc picks, with Favors and be able to pull off a blockbuster!! Would Spurs be open to a s&t for Leonard? If they were getting Favors, Burke and a future 1st? Maybe? Could be an instant rebuild for them? Anyhow this off season is going to be awesome!!! I think the Jazz will be aggressive and know this is the off season to make something happen!

move Favors to the bench??

If we could somehow keep Favors and snag Aldridge, well snap. How many rings do we want?

But I would be willing to part with Favors if we could land Aldridge.

If we landed Aldridge imagine the package we could put together with Burke and Favors to bring in a top-tier PG. Starting 5:

Top Tier PG
Hood/Burks
Hayward
Aldridge
Gobert

Again, at that point they might as well start casting the rings.

I've never been a fan of either.

Aldridge should want to come here just so he doesn't have to get shutout by Gobert 4 games per year though.

No thanks, we have Derrick Favors. We need to improve in other areas, we're well set in the low post where defense is more valuable than offense imo. We need to improve our play making now.

I've never been a fan of either.

Aldridge should want to come here just so he doesn't have to get shutout by Gobert 4 games per year though.

Yeah I don't know that I am an Aldridge fan either, but frankly he is probably the top big in the league right now, easily top 3. If you can get him, you don't think twice. Hell sign and trade and include Favors in the trade. I am not sure Favors will ever really be at that level, although I am sure he will continue to improve. But Gobert and Aldridge is a generational Twin Towers. Probably not equaled since Olajuwon and Sampson.

I just can't get excited about a guy that physically huge who just shoots fadeaways and midrange jumpshots. He isn't nearly as efficient as he should be and he dominates a lot of possessions and isn't very good defensively.

I'd rather stick with Favors at his current price point than the 20+ million per year we would have to pay Aldridge.

The reality is we stand 0 chance of landing Aldridge even if the FO wanted too and the public attention of us trying to court him would only have 2 possible outcomes: Favors doesn't care or Favors is offended and remembers this when he has to sign his next contract.

Yeah I don't know that I am an Aldridge fan either, but frankly he is probably the top big in the league right now, easily top 3. If you can get him, you don't think twice. Hell sign and trade and include Favors in the trade. I am not sure Favors will ever really be at that level, although I am sure he will continue to improve. But Gobert and Aldridge is a generational Twin Towers. Probably not equaled since Olajuwon and Sampson.

Favors is already ahead of Aldridge defensively if you ask me, and he's not that far away from reaching Aldridge's level in ofense, which is just a matter of hitting open jumpers consistently. And I think that Favors has a bigger variety of moves in the low post. I don't see the hype for Aldridge honestly.

I just can't get excited about a guy that physically huge who just shoots fadeaways and midrange jumpshots. He isn't nearly as efficient as he should be and he dominates a lot of possessions and isn't very good defensively.

I'd rather stick with Favors at his current price point than the 20+ million per year we would have to pay Aldridge.

The reality is we stand 0 chance of landing Aldridge even if the FO wanted too and the public attention of us trying to court him would only have 2 possible outcomes: Favors doesn't care or Favors is offended and remembers this when he has to sign his next contract.

I doubt the Jazz can offer enough money for either to want to come to SLC. Their current teams can offer more $$$ than the Jazz can under the CBA.

Love will be in LA or maybe Cleveland.
Aldridge will stay in Portland or go to Dallas.

We just aren't good enough yet for those two to consider us.

Favors is already ahead of Aldridge defensively if you ask me, and he's not that far away from reaching Aldridge's level in ofense, which is just a matter of hitting open jumpers consistently. But I think Favors has a bigger variety of moves in the low post. I don't see the hype for Aldridge honestly.

Favors will never have LA's offensive skill, but LA's offensive skill isn't very efficient. He is a true go-to, unstoppable player when on fire. That is his strength. That he can just iso and score by turning over his shoulder on just about anyone in the league (other than Gobert). You also see games where he shoots the same shots but they just don't fall (like the last game vs. Memphis when they got physical with him). I can see why we would want him in that regard since we don't have that kind of unstoppable heat check player, but I'm just meh on those kinds of dudes.

Love will be in LA or maybe Cleveland.
Aldridge will stay in Portland or go to Dallas.

We just aren't good enough yet for those two to consider us.

Why does everyone speculate that players will return to their hometown to play? How often does that actually happen?

Lebron did it, but he played there previously by getting drafted, so it's a different story.

D-Will never went to Dallas.

CP3 never went to Charlotte.

Favors will never have LA's offensive skill, but LA's offensive skill isn't very efficient. He is a true go-to, unstoppable player when on fire. That is his strength. That he can just iso and score by turning over his shoulder on just about anyone in the league (other than Gobert). You also see games where he shoots the same shots but they just don't fall (like the last game vs. Memphis when they got physical with him). I can see why we would want him in that regard since we don't have that kind of unstoppable heat check player, but I'm just meh on those kinds of dudes.

Neither will Aldridge ever have Favors' defensive skill.

I'm fine with Favors. Dude broke 16PPG this year, something I never thought he would ever achieve.

He somehow pulled this off with the point-guard play of Dante Exum and Black Jesus. Imagine if he had a top-shelf PG setting him up for play after play. It's nuts that Derrick could average 20ppg some-day. Huge, huge improvement for him this season.

The way I see it both Aldridge and love are overrated. And didn't do much to elivate their teams. Favors isn't far behind them in talent and actually wants to be here and is still getting better with his prime way ahead of him. He's even talked about extending his jump shot to the 3 point line. Both Love and Aldridge have peaked.

For me it's still Favors.

Why does everyone speculate that players will return to their hometown to play? How often does that actually happen?

Lebron did it, but he played there previously by getting drafted, so it's a different story.

D-Will never went to Dallas.

CP3 never went to Charlotte.

I put Dallas down because I guess a teammate of LA's here in Portland leaked out that LA was 50-50 between Portland and Dallas. So, take it for what it's worth, but that's the scuttlebutt here in PDX.