What's new

Why don't any of you understand you trade contracts, not players

Ok, Well I leave the contracts and stuff for the accountants, I'm just sayin we should try to get guys for as cheap as possible.

If that means think out of the box and maybe pass over some young guys to draft a veteran...so be it.

I apologize if you honestly didn't know about the NBA salary structure. I thought you were trying to be a smart ***. How it works is 1st round picks receive a set salary for their first two years in the league. Then teams have two more option years after (the player's 3rd and 4th seasons). For a guy like Bledsoe, he'll make about $8MM total over his first four years in the league. A higher pick like Wall will make around $24MM across those four seasons. Obviously, that is much less than they would earn if they were free agents, as Al and Paul will be, and as you noted, it is good to have players that are outperforming their contracts. That is the only way a small market team like Utah will win.

... and .. free agents can be drafted..

C'mon UGLI, let's go.

Tell me more about this free agent draft. Weird that I've never heard about such a thing--I'd only paid attention to the rookie entry draft.

Then again I'm just a noob who thinks Jabari Parker is going to Duke.

Let's work backwards here. Could this actually be Deron Williams? Dude's ****ing bi-polar and sensitive enough to try to defend himself on the webz. Do "his" statements in the original post sound like something Deron himself would have said based on his situation over the last couple years. I say yes. So **** you Deron.