What's new

Why Hayward is not an all start/subscript: his limitations

Who's the idiot? If you're talking about me, name one thing I said that was stupid, as opposed to just different from your opinion. And then, after you realize you can't, tell your mom to keep tugging on your head. . .eventually it'll come out of your butt.

You're sexy when you're angry.

1. He's not elite athletically.
2. He's not that fast.
3. He scores a lot from the free throw line, just like Harden, but unlike Harden, he can't get past guys. That's why he has to do all the long steps, the contact and hangs, the head flailing, looking for fouls. I give him mad props for crafting his game around his limitations, but it's definitely not fun to watch. Everyone on here knows that every time he drives, the odds that he'll slip, turn it over, or get rejected, are equal or greater to the odds he'll make the basket. Not good.
4. He's really improved his shooting, and he's a great passer, but you saw what happened last night. When he and Kemba were neck and neck, Kemba kept his foot on the gas, and Gordon choked. Well, that's not fair, 36, or whatever he had, definitely not choking. But each guy needed to do more to win, and one guy did. (Note, the guy who did isn't on our team, lol)
5. I really like our team, and I really like Gordon, but come on, he's not an all-star. And this team can't compete without every single player healthy and contributing. Even then, we're never beating the top two seeds in the West. One star away. . .

Ok fine!!

1. Who says u have to be an elite athlete to be an allstar. Look at our own John Stockton. Also Hayward is very big and strong and more physical then most sf's which allows him to get into the paint with relative ease absorbing contact quite nicely. He may not jump out of the gym, but that's not the only aspect of being athletic.

2. Speed also has nothing to do with being an allstar. Not being this speedster has not stopped him driving the lane. U flame he isn't able to get around defenders causing him to not be able to drive. Again see #1. If he wasn't diving the lane with some success, he wouldn't get to the line like he does. His strength makes up for what little speed he may or may not have. See Paul Pierce.

3. Lol. This is idiotic. Harden does the same thing.

4. Hayward is still improving. Earlier in LBJ's career he would disappear consistently now he's the man down the stretch. Haywards mentality is very similar to the King. He's more of a facilitator then actual scorer even though they score a ton of points. Even though it seems he has gotten past because of who he is and being regarded as the best today he still struggles with playing kind of passively.

5. The fact that Hayward is one of thirty players selected for the olympic tryout thing suggests the experts feel otherwise.

6. Sometimes fans are idiots. U should check with me before using the net.

The thing is... We don't have any other ****ing choice! He's the guy on this mediocre team. Nope he isn't a 1st option on most teams. But he is ours. No matter how many dumb shots or turnovers he has at the end of games. We bow and suck his d1ck because we are Jazz fans. And right now, he's the best we got.

Build around a supporting cast? Sounds like a fantastic way to run a franchise. Yep, build around guys you can sign on the free agent market at any time for 5-10 million and throw darts at a draft board. How could no other GM have tried this brilliant strategy?

That's not what I said. I said plug in a star. What we are doing now is building around a supporting cast. That's who we have and that's all we're going to get if we don't make a move.

Bah.. Hayward is a good player, a fringe all star but not a big star. he is one of those players who ranks somewhere between 20 and 60 in the NBA : could be the leader of a bad team or a good leutenant in a good one. Nothing wrong about that ?

Bah.. Hayward is a good player, a fringe all star but not a big star. he is one of those players who ranks somewhere between 20 and 60 in the NBA : could be the leader of a bad team or a good leutenant in a good one. Nothing wrong about that ?

He cleary doesnt rank over 30 given that he's one of the top 30 finalists of the US team, better than at least 8-10 of them. Factor internationals, and it leaves him at around 25-30.

Hayward is inconsistent creating for himself, but he is very smart and does a great job flowing within an offense and using off ball screens and cuts. Unfortunately our offense is not set up to allow for easy points.

this.

If we're healthy -- and therefore about 5 or 6 games over .500 -- the Hayward would be selected by the coaches. IMO.

But injuries aren't the only thing keeping him from recognition; there's also our **** offense. Someone mentioned that we aren't a one-on-one team... yes we are. It just changes who is going one-on-one or around a pick.

Not mad. Just lobbying for people to make sense. As "Thee" said, sometimes fans are idiots, and this thread was his turn to carry the sign.
Gordon lovers piss their pants when you call him out, but I'm not capping on him. He's good. He's really good. He's just not good enough to be an all-star, and he's not very fun to watch. How many times have you seen this?: "Three, turn over, turn over, back cut dunk, awesome defensive play, turnover, miss six shots, stumble and fall in the lane, three." That's an average night for him. I'd take it, but I wouldn't give that max money. Uh oh, whoops.

And even when totally healthy, we're one great player away from being great. Nothing controversial about any of that.