What's new

Why I am comfortably panicking

montanajazz

Going into free agency I expected the jazz to be very active, while expecting that I hoped we would go with the core 5 next season. I find myself checking twitter constantly waiting for a signing, and no signings. I can't help but think the fo is comfortable enough with the core 5 that they aren't panicking about filling the roster quickly, and foolishly overpaying. How do you guys feel about the inactivity of the fo?

I am happy that they are not out there wheeling and dealing and signing vets left and right. It increases the probability that the youth (I am meaning the 5 plus Evans and Carroll) will be the main players on this team. Use this year, what they should have done the past 2 years, to set themselves up for the next 10.

I am positive the Jazz FO is being extremely active. The fact that they don't broadcast and because 4 or 5 other teams have reached agreements doesn't mean they are not working a number of angles. All is well. They have a plan and following through.

Oh, well you are comfortably panicking...sitting back in your lazy boy sippin some suds watching judge judy. Well I'm in full freak out mode. I spent the morning looking for my pitchfork and wrapping torches. I mean this FO is all talk. They didn't move Pal Milsaperson last offseason or at the trade deadline. Now we are hearing all these rumours about teams wanting player X and team agreeing with player Y, well you know what Al only had one lonely visit with Charlotte and Milsap hasn't talked with anyone but the Jazz. Mo Williams is listed as a possible Bulls but none of the other Jazz FA 's are talked about. So what if all the FA money dries up and KOC says to himself "Gosh I can get all my guys back at a discount because I have money to spend" and the next thing you know we have Mo and Al and Paul and Randy and Demarre and Earl and JaMall back for an encore performance. I mean 3 of those guys are already pinning to come back and then the jazz start showing milsap love. Whats next? Twitter pictures of Burke on Big Al's big bed? I don't care that FAs can't officially sign anything for another 7 days, and that all the reports we are hearing could just be rumour, and that some teams like the Jazz are always secretive and some teams wait until the initial spending craze passes. It's been like almost a whole week since the team made any major moves to improve. I want to see some action from the Jazz now!!! Where's the Tylenol???

clark-griswold.jpg

Last edited:
Oh, well you are comfortably panicking...sitting back in your lazy boy sippin some suds watching judge judy. Well I'm in full freak out mode. I spent the morning looking for my pitchfork and wrapping torches. I mean this FO is all talk. They didn't move Pal Milsaperson last offseason or at the trade deadline. And it's been like almost a whole week since the team made any major moves to improve. I don't care that FAs can't officially sign anything for another 7 days, and that all the reports we are hearing could just be rumour. I want to see some action from the Jazz now!!! Where's the Tylenol???

clark-griswold.jpg

If I was you I would get Tylenol pm!

I'll feel a lot better when I hear Jefferson, Millsap, and Mo have agreed to terms elsewhere.

I didn't mind the OJ Mayo rumor though. He's young enough to work for me.

Inactivity of the Fo? Well, I guess he hasn't been signed yet, just like Mo, but I'm sure Randy will eventually find a home. Seriously, I too, had my misgivings. I didn't really believe KOC, Lindsey and Greg were committed to a losing season. And it really alarmed me when Lindsey mentioned in the press conference about getting back to the Jazz' Bird rights FA's. I'm seriously hoping someone - anyone - signs Jefferson, Millsap and Mo. Randy would be a bonus, although I think he'd be the lesser of all the vet "evils" if they have to bring back one for "leadership." Also, I'd love to see Burke and Burks be able to show their skills in Orlando BEFORE Lindsey and Corbin make decisions on bringing in starters ahead of them.