What's new

Why is it stern's fault

The Thriller

I don't get it. For the past 2 weeks this board has been complaining incessantly about stern and the refs. As if superstar calls are something new. I get why some might be frustrated if we miss out on the playoffs. But instead of blaming stern and the refs, why not blame our team? How many games did we fumble away? How many games were played when you just seem to shrug your shoulders and say, "WTF did I just watch?" Games against the kings, pelicans, bucks, a completely depleted Knicks team, and cavs team come to mind.

Instead of blaming stern, why not look towards those games and the pathetic coaching and effort which resulted in losses? We have the record we deserve... What we have earned! Is that stern's fault?

We beat the cavs, depleted Knicks (the game where Kurt Thomas ran circles around us with a broken leg), pelicans, and bucks and we are into the playoffs comfortably.

I don't get it. For the past 2 weeks this board has been complaining incessantly about stern and the refs. As if superstar calls are something new. I get why some might be frustrated if we miss out on the playoffs. But instead of blaming stern and the refs, why not blame out team? How many games did we fumble away? How many games were played when you just seem to shrug your shoulders and say, "WTF did I just watch?" Games against the kings, pelicans, bucks, a completely depleted Knicks team, and cavs team just come to mind.

Instead of blaming stern, why not look towards those games and the pathetic coaching and effort which resulted in losses? We have the record we deserve... What we have earned! Is that stern's fault?

Agree completely. The Knicks game was the worse. Now that we're out of the playoffs we at least have a draft and summer. Oh and watching OKC sweep the lakers.

I understand that our team fumbled an opportunity to not only make the playoffs, but potentially get the 6th seed. Without thinking, I could easily recalled 4 or 5 games that could have and should have gone our way. To me, complaining about the officiating is more than just the Jazz, it's about the integrity of the NBA. Since I've started watching professional basketball, I've seen so many blown calls that have determined not just games, but playoff series.

I don't get it. For the past 2 weeks this board has been complaining incessantly about stern and the refs. As if superstar calls are something new. I get why some might be frustrated if we miss out on the playoffs. But instead of blaming stern and the refs, why not blame our team? How many games did we fumble away? How many games were played when you just seem to shrug your shoulders and say, "WTF did I just watch?" Games against the kings, pelicans, bucks, a completely depleted Knicks team, and cavs team come to mind.

We beat the cavs, depleted Knicks (the game where Kurt Thomas ran circles around us with a broken leg), pelicans, and bucks and we are into the playoffs comfortably.

Completely agree-took the words right out of my mouth, there was half a dozen games where we should have won- and given us 6th spot of so- we were in charge of our own destiny and blew it. No Jazzfan likes to see Lakers do well- but we had our chance time to move on.

I agree that we need to improve but please tell me why tony parker played 28 minutes and did not see the floor in the final minutes of the ball game but tim duncan did? Why the hell did cory joseph finish the damn game? This nba is rigged but we at least get a chance to land the #1 pick! Oh wait the lottery is rigged as well! ****!

I agree that we need to improve but please tell me why tony parker played 28 minutes and did not see the floor in the final minutes of the ball game but tim duncan did? Why the hell did cory joseph finish the damn game? This nba is rigged but we at least get a chance to land the #1 pick! Oh wait the lottery is rigged as well! ****!

TP didn't play cause he was playing like **** the entire game...and he let Blake go off in the first half as well.

That 3 game road trip where we lost each game (Bucks, Cleveland, and Chicago) by a crunch time shot sealed the fate of this season.

Just for all of your whining and bitching on this board, I'm going to screw the Jazz out of their lottery pick for some bogus reason, give it to the Lakers for losing Kobe, and then the pick will win #1 overall.

I do think refs account for more wins and losses than people realize and that they can affect games with little calls here and there.
BUT, the Jazz have more than played their part in this fail year.
I blame Stern and Greg. I don't blame Corbin, he does what he can do, that is what he is, he isn't gonna change. IT is Gregs job to see this and make a change.

I do think refs account for more wins and losses than people realize and that they can affect games with little calls here and there.
BUT, the Jazz have more than played their part in this fail year.
I blame Stern and Greg. I don't blame Corbin, he does what he can do, that is what he is, he isn't gonna change. IT is Gregs job to see this and make a change.

Blame Mo Williams for getting hurt in the middle of the season and Ty's reluctance to play Burks there instead of our DLeague non-all star guards.

Blame Mo Williams for getting hurt in the middle of the season and Ty's reluctance to play Burks there instead of our DLeague non-all star guards.

I thought for a second you were bad mouth'n Burks ... YES your right MORE BURKS IS NEEDED

Last edited:
How many referees do you think there are that aren't somewhat biased? They've all got their favorite teams, obviously, and I HIGHLY doubt any of them like the Jazz. We're at the bottom of the pile.

How many referees do you think there are that aren't somewhat biased? They've all got their favorite teams, obviously, and I HIGHLY doubt any of them like the Jazz. We're at the bottom of the pile.

I'm sure your correct ClLUTClH .. makes you wonder how many of these refs are from Cali
Years back they did a study about biased Refs in the NBA.... turned out its fact that they tend favor home teams making a comeback.

I remember years ago when the Jazz were contenders .. Stern was asked what he thought about the Jazz's 16 game road win streak.. he frowned and said "I always cheer for the home team no matter who it is" then gave his sly smile