What's new

Why is Ohio State #1?

prodigy

I posted this on a college message board and got harassed for it(mostly by ohio state fans)
Why are the Buckeyes #1 in the nation?

They've played 5 home games - 2 MAC teams, 1 CUSA, 1 ACC
and 1 road - conference game

They've played the easiest schedule between the 4 teams(Oregon, TCU, Boise State) and their best win is the worst among those same 4(an overrated Miami team).

I realize they started the season high in the polls but so did Boise and TCU and they dropped below Oregon because perceived lack of schedule. How come Oregon didn't jump Ohio State as well?

I posted this on a college message board and got harassed for it(mostly by ohio state fans)

They've played the easiest schedule between the 4 teams(Oregon, TCU, Boise State) and their best win is the worst among those same 4(an overrated Miami team).

I realize they started the season high in the polls but so did Boise and TCU and they dropped below Oregon because perceived lack of schedule. How come Oregon didn't jump Ohio State as well?

because ohio state beat oregon in the rose bowl last year.

I agree 100%. Oregon should be #1 right now.

Haven't we seen this movie before? Ohio goes through a cupcake schedule, gets into the national championship game, and then gets destroyed by a real team.

Haven't we seen this movie before? Ohio goes through a cupcake schedule, gets into the national championship game, and then gets destroyed by a real team.

With the way their schedule is looking, I could easily see that happening again.. They don't even have to play Michigan State, who right now is the second best team in their conference.