What's new

Why isn't Burks starting at PG?

utahjazz107

For the Summer league he should be the starting PG.

The guy strives with the ball in his hands. I have no idea why Blake Ahern is running point when he clearly isn't good or has the potential of Burks. Burks is a 2 but he can definitely play point. He is an excellent passer and ball handler. With no clear PG on this team, we might as well let Burks play some minutes at the point. His size is incomparable and he reminds me of a young Rodney Stuckey who also plays a lot of minutes at the 1 for the Pistons

The guy strives with the ball in his hands. I have no idea why Blake Ahern is running point when he clearly isn't good or has the potential of Burks. Burks is a 2 but he can definitely play point. He is an excellent passer and ball handler. With no clear PG on this team, we might as well let Burks play some minutes at the point. His size is incomparable and he reminds me of a young Rodney Stuckey who also plays a lot of minutes at the 1 for the Pistons

Man you are tool.

Burks brought the ball up a ton. So in a way I would say he did play pg. Blake moved over to the wing pretty often. Although Burks at pg is a mess.

First of all, I think the word you were looking for is "thrives," not "strives."

Secondly, comparing someone to Rodney Stuckey is not a compliment.

First of all, I think the word you were looking for is "thrives," not "strives."

Secondly, comparing someone to Rodney Stuckey is not a compliment.

This is true, although I think the logic behind it all is that people compare him to a poor mans D Wade. So the logic is that they really want to compare him to D Wade, but don't have the courage to get murdered for it.

Just because someone always wants the ball in their hands doesn't make them a point guard...otherwise, Al Jefferson and Kobe would be the greatest point guards of all time.

Just because someone always wants the ball in their hands doesn't make them a point guard...otherwise, Al Jefferson and Kobe would be the greatest point guards of all time.

Except Burks is an excellent passer. Big Al isn't and Kobe only passes when he needs to.