What's new

Why risk injury??? Time to give other players some playing time.

Shocker00

It's not like were going to make the playoffs, so why risk injury. That would suck if Favors got a torn ACL in a meaningless game. We have nothing to gain and everything to lose by playing Favors, Kanter, Burke, Burks, Hayward.

Why not give these other players the bulk of the minutes and evaluate what they can do.

Ian Clark
Erik Murphy
Malcolm Thomas
Rudy Gobert
Diante Garrett

I would also give the remaining minutes to players that might not be back next year:

Richard Jefferson
John Lucas III
Brandon Rush
Marvin Williams

Worse case scenario would be the Jazz win a few games and Favors get a torn ACL in the last two games of the season. As bad as this year has been I wouldn't be surprised if it happened. I would much rather finish the season with 24 wins and every one of our key players healthy rather than win 25 for the season and take a chance on a serious injury. What's that extra win going to do for us???

Honestly.... I just wanna see Burks start without an injury to one of the starting 5!!!

Although I agree, I don't see this happening.

I know but its stupid! Wasn't it like 3 or 4 years ago on one of the last games of the season Mehmet Okur got a torn ACL and it effected him the whole next season? I just think they should be using this time to look at other players and see what they can do.

I know but its stupid! Wasn't it like 3 or 4 years ago on one of the last games of the season Mehmet Okur got a torn ACL and it effected him the whole next season? I just think they should be using this time to look at other players and see what they can do.

I don't remember that but I know he tore his Achilles in game 1 of the playoffs

Sent from the JazzFanz app

It's not like were going to make the playoffs, so why risk injury. That would suck if Favors got a torn ACL in a meaningless game. We have nothing to gain and everything to lose by playing Favors, Kanter, Burke, Burks, Hayward.

Why not give these other players the bulk of the minutes and evaluate what they can do.

Ian Clark
Erik Murphy
Malcolm Thomas
Rudy Gobert
Diante Garrett

I would also give the remaining minutes to players that might not be back next year:

Richard Jefferson
John Lucas III
Brandon Rush
Marvin Williams

Worse case scenario would be the Jazz win a few games and Favors get a torn ACL in the last two games of the season. As bad as this year has been I wouldn't be surprised if it happened. I would much rather finish the season with 24 wins and every one of our key players healthy rather than win 25 for the season and take a chance on a serious injury. What's that extra win going to do for us???

[size/HUGE] boobs [/size]. What game this year count? You want play more vets always?

I don't remember that but I know he tore his Achilles in game 1 of the playoffs

Sent from the JazzFanz app

It was against Denver. He had achilles tendinitis at the end of the season and tried to play through it in the playoffs. He torn his achilles in game 1, while driving to the basket. He was the anti-boozer, rarely missing games due to injury.

You can't live your life like that. It could happen any game. It's like saying I'm never going to fly because the plane might crash. Well, yeah, and you might step outside your house and get struck by lightning. It's a defeatist attitude and will only lead to more negative consequences.

It was against Denver. He had achilles tendinitis at the end of the season and tried to play through it in the playoffs. He torn his achilles in game 1, while driving to the basket. He was the anti-boozer, rarely missing games due to injury.

That was on the training staff; they should've known better and held him out of the game.

I'm not worried about the injury aspect of it, but for one 4 or 5 minute stretch of one game this season I'd like to see this lineup.

C - Rudy Gobert
PF - Erik Murphy
SF - Jeremy Evans
SG - Ian Clark
PG - Diante Garrett

I'd love to see if any of these guys have the ability to step up and contribute if they're the only ones out on the floor. They can DNP the veterans if needs be, but I'd love to see these young players get some playing time and have some tape to work off of for next year.

I'm not worried about the injury aspect of it, but for one 4 or 5 minute stretch of one game this season I'd like to see this lineup.

C - Rudy Gobert
PF - Erik Murphy
SF - Jeremy Evans
SG - Ian Clark
PG - Diante Garrett

I'd love to see if any of these guys have the ability to step up and contribute if they're the only ones out on the floor. They can DNP the veterans if needs be, but I'd love to see these young players get some playing time and have some tape to work off of for next year.

Of course, this should've been happening the last 10-20 games.

You can't live your life like that. It could happen any game. It's like saying I'm never going to fly because the plane might crash. Well, yeah, and you might step outside your house and get struck by lightning. It's a defeatist attitude and will only lead to more negative consequences.

I agree that players can't live their life like that, but as far as the Front office goes I would consider that as protecting their interest in a meaningless game. More like a parent limiting any unnecessary risk to their children.