What's new

Why the Jazz wouldn't touch Kawhi with a 10 foot pole!

carolinajazz

Anybody associated with the NBA should have there head examined if they even think about trading for Kawhi Leonard! They guy gets hurt EVERY year! He misses a ton of games EVERY year! He wants a ton of money to play EVERY year! Putting it simply, he's not worth the trouble or the money! Better to look elsewhere and spend your money on a productive player that's going to show up for work and play every game!

Very informative and eye opening post. I really thought DL was considering a trade for Kawhi due to his SA connection. And Im sure SLC is very high on Leonard's list of preferred destinations.

“He wants a ton of money to play every year”

giphy.gif

I wish kahwi wanted to come to the jazz.

Would take Kawhi in a New York minute. He would take us to the next level. This coming from the same guy who recommended Draymond says a whole bunch.

Right
The first thing SA would ask for is Donovan
Then maybe Gobert to make salaries match

Better to look elsewhere and spend your money on a productive player that's going to show up for work and play every game!
AC Green in 16 seasons played all 82 in 14 (one of them was 83), the other 2 were 79 and 50 games.
John Stockton in 19 seasons played all 82 in 16 of them, the other 3 were 78, 64, and 50.
Randy Smith in 12 seasons played all 82 in 9 of them, the other 3 were 80, 80, and 76. Total of 10 missed games.

Are there any players that have played in every possible game of their career?

Whether he's hurt or not! He's been a total waste of money to the Spurs the past two years and he's now officially DAMAGED GOODS that will suck your cap space and get NOTHING IN RETURN!

Whether he's hurt or not! He's been a total waste of money to the Spurs the past two years and he's now officially DAMAGED GOODS that will suck your cap space and get NOTHING IN RETURN!
I am impressed that you continue to have worse takes, well done.

If we could trade for Kawhi or he had interest in coming here it would be a no brainer for the Jazz to get him. He is healthy and fine. Outside of his one injury last year that turned into an ordeal he has played a decent number of games each season and been very very good. He has been good in the playoffs including winning a championship and being the finals MVP and money spent on him was well worth it.

What person in there right mind thinks Kawhi is EVER going to play a full season at full speed again? Let's see......YOU?
Would take Kawhi in a New York minute. He would take us to the next level. This coming from the same guy who recommended Draymond says a whole bunch.

He is healthy and fine.

Who told you that....the "Health Fairy?" Kawhi has been hurt and in and out of the lineup for 3 years! He wants a max contract and then some! You might as well take your money and throw it in the garbage can! And oh, by the way, RIGHT NOW Dramon Green is a better all around ball player than Leonard and would help the Jazz much more than a broken down max contracted Leonard!

Who told you that....the "Health Fairy?" Kawhi has been hurt and in and out of the lineup for 3 years! He wants a max contract and then some! You might as well take your money and throw it in the garbage can! And oh, by the way, RIGHT NOW Dramon Green is a better all around ball player than Leonard and would help the Jazz much more than a broken down max contracted Leonard!
No, he had one small injury last year. He sat out longer than necessary for various reasons and is healthy by all accounts and has been for awhile. He played 72 and 74 games the previous years. That is not very many missed games and most of those were rest to get ready for the playoffs.

I'll bet he plays 82 games - or very close to it - for the Lakers.

TBH, I hope SA doesn't give in to his demands. **** him. He signed a contract with SA and he should live up to it. But SA needs to get something for him, so they'll likely make a trade with LA. But maybe in-season at the deadline. I hope that's what happens so maybe Lebron and PG don't sign with LA.