What's new

Why would 21st Centurty Fox drop Fox News?

Its interesting, Murdoch with his newspapers often runs flagship broadsheets to further his political views, in Australia he operates the only national daily paper which happens to be The Australian. If you want to know what Murdoch's stance is on the government or any policy or debate, read the Australian, he bought the New York Times for the same reason. (Giving up his Australian citizenship to do so, there is always a silver lining.)

I assume he operates Fox News for similar reasons but as the article states its US focused. The UK is a competitive market and the BBC provides a quality product which is relevant locally so why would you watch Fox? Interestingly in Australia, where his parasitic influence is stronger and I would describe the authority of the state as weak, his minions and puppets are actively pursuing a campaign against our version of the BBC, the ABC, claiming that it is crowding them out of the market and harming their commercial interests.

Question?

Discuss

^no

Do you embrace capitalism more than you embrace news?

That's not to say you can consider Fox News, news, but it seems to me this is a nod indicating they don't believe in their own product as news, and acknowledge it as "just another show".

That's not to say you can consider Fox News, news, but it seems to me this is a nod indicating they don't believe in their own product as news, and acknowledge it as "just another show".

Its not news its propaganda, he already has The Times in the UK to push his political views and interests, which they do quite successfully, how he avoided criminal charges over the phone hacking scandal is disgraceful. I actually thought he had a bigger stake in Sky, I would bet its because the UK has foreign media ownership laws that prevent him from having a larger stake. This is a good thing for democracy, Rupert Murdoch is the worst thing we've ever exported from this country.

Its not news its propaganda, he already has The Times in the UK to push his political views and interests, which they do quite successfully, how he avoided criminal charges over the phone hacking scandal is disgraceful. I actually thought he had a bigger stake in Sky, I would bet its because the UK has foreign media ownership laws that prevent him from having a larger stake. This is a good thing for democracy, Rupert Murdoch is the worst thing we've ever exported from this country.

Preaching to the choir bro.

Hmmm, I'm not sure if you should seek the help of an educator or a physician. Have you always been this confused?

Hmmm, I'm not sure if you should seek the help of an educator or a physician. Have you always been this confused?

I'm not surprised it takes a bit more.

Tell ya whut... kick the can a little further down the road. If you come up with anything, come on back.

I'm not surprised it takes a bit more.

Tell ya whut... kick the can a little further down the road. If you come up with anything, come on back.

Do you have ^this^ kind of reply ready to copy-and-paste at a moments notice? You've been using this script now for years.

HARAMBE: <Insert some poorly formed, convoluted, and weirdly conceptualized question> + <Insert something that you appear to think is clear evidence for some kind of argument>

RESPONDENT: "I think I see where this jackass is going, even though he writes like an confused and angry Sophomore.... but, yeah, I ain't playing that game with him... Let me try to lead him in a different direction..."

HARAMBE: "I knew you were an idiot. You can't even rehearse my argument back to me and it was sooo good."

Last edited:
Why would 21st Century Fox drop Fox News?

Because it was watched by only a few thousands across all the UK. I know this from the quote you provided.

I just read about this. The parent company (21st Century Fox) has takeover plans for some other network that is the biggest one in the UK, but they need approval from British regulators. They think that by pulling Fox News off the air in GB, it will make the approval process a little easier for the takeover of the other company.

I just read about this. The parent company (21st Century Fox) has takeover plans for some other network that is the biggest one in the UK, but they need approval from British regulators. They think that by pulling Fox News off the air in GB, it will make the approval process a little easier for the takeover of the other company.

This makes a lot more sense.

But does little for my desire to belittle a propaganda machine. :\