What's new

Why would the NCAA sign off on this?

Red Turf?

• Sweet. I likes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I'm blind!!!!!

Votes: 5 100.0%
  • Im ok with it as long as they don't let either team wear red and basically become camoflaged

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
. E. E. W.

sheesh, it took countless attempts before I could get it to post as all caps, this sucks - just like the red turf!

Last edited:
So, the guy in the interview thinks red uni's on red field will be no different than the University of Oregon, who wears green uniforms on their green field... OK.

Will be interesting to see if it gives them a better home field advantage, ala BSU... if so, maybe everyone can start going to colored fields.

remember when they tried green ketchup?

green-ketchup-e1269389309458.jpg

I don't think that lasted very long...

Things should be a certain color. You know when it comes to people, people say: " I don't care if they're black, white, purple or green"... Ooh hold on now: Purple or Green? You gotta draw the line somewhere! To hell with purple people! - Unless they're suffocating - then help'em.

They did beat Montana last week on it, so maybe there's something to it.

It was somewhat painful to watch, however. I don't particularly like it.

Weber doesn't go up there this year, so that's a positive.

I don't think NCAA rules apply to Eastern Washington's football team due to the fact that they are in the FCS subdivision.

I've heard from a few people that follow Boise State that the NCAA has ruled that once the blue turf wears out, Boise is not allowed to replace it with more blue turf. However, I have no idea if that's official because I've searched for stories on it to no avail.

I think the blue turf should be banned and I actually think Boise should be in favor of getting rid of it. It's gimmicky, stupid, ugly, etc. Boise State is all about proving that they're not a gimmick and deserve to play with the big boys. If that's the case, get rid of your gimmicky-*** turf and get a green field you *******!

Hopefully people stop watching or going to their games because just looking at that on film hurts my eyes. Football is something we're supposed to enjoy watching, not a challenge, right?

I don't really mind the blue turf all that much because blue is still a pretty mellow color. But Red... hell no. Might as well make the field yellow or hot pink at this rate. It can't be much more annoying to look at than RED.

I don't think NCAA rules apply to Eastern Washington's football team due to the fact that they are in the FCS subdivision.

That perceived rule is a myth. A lot of EWU news topics about the field reference that popular belief. Has nothing to do with EWU being in the FCS.

Last edited: