What's new

#whytheyhateus

Just watched the premier of this excellent documentary on CNN. Highly recommended:
https://cnnpressroom.blogs.cnn.com/...fareed-zakaria-explores-what-drives-the-rage/

Fareed Zakaria goes into very specific detail of where this ideology came from, what caused it to grow, and what he believes the solutions are.

It is the liberal America haters they convince Muslims America is evil an hateful. Who better to convince someone than a whole party of insiders? The democrats always tell the Muslims we are evil in every way. Can you really blame them for wanting to stamp out evil? I can not since I want to stamp out there evil.

It is the liberal America haters they convince Muslims America is evil an hateful. Who better to convince someone than a whole party of insiders? The democrats always tell the Muslims we are evil in every way. Can you really blame them for wanting to stamp out evil? I can not since I want to stamp out there evil.
Interesting take. I'd love to stamp out evil too, and I wouldn't mind stamping out your spelling errors, either.

People like Cy feast on hate. They drain power from their hate. It is their armor. They hate, so they don't love because they are afraid when they love they are vulnerable.

If every Jazz fan hugged Cyrone Tornnuts right now, he would become a different person.

Seriously though, will check it out as soon as I get home. Seems like a multi dimensional work. Thanks for sharing Joe.

pretty vague. Care to explain some of the specifics? What's the ideology you're referring to.
I'm referring to the radicals who terrorize and kill in the name of Islam. Did you really not understand that?

Specifically he talked about an Arab guy who visited Colorado in the late 50's (as a college student, I think) and hated everything he saw. He returned to the Middle East and wrote books about the terrible things we did. Some of the worst were dancing to rock music wearing skimpy clothes. He saw girls ankles, faces and all sorts of other unmentionable stuff. He built a following in the Arab world and played a major role in building an ultra-fundamentalist version of Islam. The documentary showed how the eventually emergence of Al Qaeda and ISIS were as a direct result. The conflicts that have resulted have only served to strengthen the resolve of the extremist groups.

There's a lot more in the documentary but here's some of my own commentary. It might seem pretty strange to someone well-versed in this sort of stuff (especially from an Islamic slant), but most Americans were completely stunned by 9/11. We didn't think we had done anything that deserved such an act, and it really pissed us off. It made us even angrier to see them dancing in the streets and celebrating our pain. So then our leaders reacted angrily by dumping a bunch of bombs on an Arab city, even though we couldn't figure out exactly who was responsible for the attack. That didn't help matters (to say the least).

Since 9/11 America has gone from being amazingly unified in their resolve, to all over the board. Conservatives are often stunned at the lengths liberals will go to in an effort to deflect the blame from Islamic extremists and put it back on Americans. Liberals are stunned that conservatives often call for more of the same "bomb the hell out of 'em" response that has already produced such lousy results.

I think the appropriate response is somewhere in the middle. We should identify and declare war on our enemy. It is not a race, and it is not a religion. It is Islamic terrorists. We also need to identify and build alliances with our friends. That should include all of Islam that does not believe that killing us is a good and righteous thing to do. I understand that it might be inconvenient and even insulting to good people who might fit the visual profile of a terrorist, but it's just plain stupid that we are so politically correct about the situation. My grandmother (now deceased) was randomly selected to go through extra airport security screening on four different occasions while I was with her. She was over 90 years old. I was never selected. I remember watching her get a pat down and have her luggage meticulously inspected and wondering why they didn't pick me instead. Just based on a visual profile I had to be at least 100 times more likely to be a terrorist than she was. I've said this before, but from my perspective common sense has been a major casualty of the post 9/11 world.