What's new

Wiggins, KAT, Jabari Parker, Bledsoe on the trade block?

Pretty sure the wolves would do a Jerebko for KAT straight up, because of salary cap or something. Reasons!

I’m not paying Wiggins 30M a year based on potential, potential that really isn’t even there imo. That’s dumb as **** and a guaranteed way to completely hamstring our organization for a few years, thus wasting the rest of Ingles’ prime and three key years this team has in what is a very small window in our best chance to win a title since the John and Karl days. It’ll be AK all over again.

I agree that is too much to pay for just potential. But he has shown he can play and play well. He just needs to be more efficient and better on defense. He had a season already that is almost identical statistically to what Mitchell just did this year. 23.6 ppg is more than just potential, he also shot better from the field and 3 than Mitchell that year. He did regress this year though.

Also teams can handle 1 bad contract, but it would be a risk. That is why I would not give up anything for him of value, only if they are dumping him.

I agree that is too much to pay for just potential. But he has shown he can play and play well. He just needs to be more efficient and better on defense. He had a season already that is almost identical statistically to what Mitchell just did this year. 23.6 ppg is more than just potential, he also shot better from the field and 3 than Mitchell that year. He did regress this year though.

Also teams can handle 1 bad contract, but it would be a risk. That is why I would not give up anything for him of value, only if they are dumping him.

I agree with this. If our development guys can work with him and his load of being the man is lightened he could thrive with us.

I also think Jabari would/could do well with us after working with our development staff.

Neither of those guys would be the alpha players due to Gobert and Mitchell which would remove a lot of pressure from them.

Let’s go get both of them and develop them. If they turn into 80% of what they were projected to be when drafted we’d be in good shape.

However I get the risks associated with them; it’s a tough call.

I don't think Wiggins is a lost cause. I think he needs to be moved and it needs to be the right situation.

I know people are going to think I'm nuts, but if the price is, say, a 1st and expirings, I would seriously examine it.

Let's remember what organization he's coming from for a moment. One not known for excellence, cultivating it, or demanding it. That is, until they suddenly hire a coach not known for much besides asking too much of his main guys and not always the best communicator.

I think he'll end up playing the 4 eventually like Harrison Barnes. He's a great athlete, just isn't that skilled for a wing.

I just don’t think he brings winning basketball to the table. You indirectly said it yourself. He’s not very good on defense (one end of the court) and inefficient on offense (the other end)...His TS% was 50.5% this year. That’s horrendous. And much of that, imo, is that for a wing, he just has a pretty ****** handle (relative to the rest of the league) and therefore can’t create easy(ier) shots for himself like many supreme athletes and/or guys with better handles can do.

Wait aren’t you the guy who doesn’t want Rudy Gay on a MLE type deal? But u want Wiggins on a 5 year max?

I’m 100% out on Andrew Wiggins.

I think you need to watch some Andrew Wiggins basketball. Think about all the times you get pissed off when Alec dribbles around for 5 seconds and takes a long two. Times that by 20 and triple Burks pay.

I think you need to watch some Andrew Wiggins basketball. Think about all the times you get pissed off when Alec dribbles around for 5 seconds and takes a long two. Times that by 20 and triple Burks pay.
I've watched him plenty. There are lots of things I don't like. I think those things are fixable and he still can become a really good player. But it's certainly not without risk. But he is young and has loads of talent. It would be a high risk high reward trade which isn't always the best. There are other trades I would prefer. That's why I wouldn't take him unless it's a salary dump. I wouldn't give up assets and take on his contract. I don't think Minny would go for that yet.

I do believe jazz need to take some big risks to win it all. This might not be the one though.

So... if you could have a 22 Years old Wiggins with his dreamy length and athleticism plus that $150 million dollar 5 year contract and that "work ethic"

OR

You could have a 23 year old Jabari with that 'quintessential stretch four/bruising three' body with those KNEES and say $18 - $22 million 4 year contract (lower due to risk of injury)

OR

You could have a 22 year old virgin Exum with that Harden stopping defense and that slashing guard plus those 3 MAJOR injuries at $8 million/year (lower due to risk of injury)

Who do you take?

So... if you could have a 22 Years old Wiggins with his dreamy length and athleticism plus that $150 million dollar 5 year contract and that "work ethic"

OR

You could have a 23 year old Jabari with that 'quintessential stretch four/bruising three' body with those KNEES and say $18 - $22 million 4 year contract (lower due to risk of injury)

OR

You could have a 22 year old virgin Exum with that Harden stopping defense and that slashing guard plus those 3 MAJOR injuries at $8 million/year (lower due to risk of injury)

Who do you take?

Exum. Stars win this league and big money needs to be saved in acquiring a 3rd star in order to contend. Shoot for bargain contracts when you aren't gunning for a star to fill out the roster, like what I think that Exum deal would be.

I don't see that happening. I don't think there's any way the Spurs will trade Kawai to the Lakers and help them create a superteam.

Kawai and LA is a certainty. It has nothing to do with them preventing a super team. It's a business. He's a free agent after next season and the media close to his entourage has already stated that he will not sign an extension with any team outside of L.A. and preferably the Lakers. If your the GM of a team outside of the Lakers, there is no way that you are going to throw anything interesting into the trade talks, because you would be trading for a one year rental. Kawai holds all the bullets and the only gun.
The only other option is that they don't trade him and then lose him for absolutely nothing. Kind of like the Jazz do year after year, stunting our growth to get over the hump. The Spurs are idiotic if they don't.