What's new

Wiggins

Well since we pretty much got the No. 1 pick on lock, we might as well take our time to pick a good nickname for andrew so Hammerdown Boler can use it on air.

Ideas anyone?

The most obvious to me would be ender. But thats just me

Sent from my SGH-M919 using JazzFanz mobile app

Wiggins. Hmmm. I been thinking i would like to hear ideas on who the Jazz should draft with our virtually assured #1 pick and why the Jazz should take that player and what position(s) that player may be suited for in the NBA. For example i have only seen maybe 1 quarter of a Duke game so far and it seemed the Blue Devils were using him more as a center (more on defense than offense) but he is obviously not an NBA center. What is he? What positions do the Jazz need help at. My answer to that right now is i would like to see everyone gone but perhaps Favors and Kanter. Right now i feel like Burks and Hayward will never be the players we want them to be. Burke gets a free pass for now. The rest of the roster is easily flushable, if you get my meaning?

Oh crap i forgot about our French project, i think we should surely continue that experiment and i am dying to see what Raul Neto can bring to the table.

Wiggins. Hmmm. I been thinking i would like to hear ideas on who the Jazz should draft with our virtually assured #1 pick and why the Jazz should take that player and what position(s) that player may be suited for in the NBA. For example i have only seen maybe 1 quarter of a Duke game so far and it seemed the Blue Devils were using him more as a center (more on defense than offense) but he is obviously not an NBA center. What is he? What positions do the Jazz need help at. My answer to that right now is i would like to see everyone gone but perhaps Favors and Kanter. Right now i feel like Burks and Hayward will never be the players we want them to be. Burke gets a free pass for now. The rest of the roster is easily flushable, if you get my meaning?

Yeah, I really wish people were talking about the draft prospects around here. It's like no one even realizes that the Jazz will probably be in the draft lottery.

Jazz have at best a 25% chance of getting the number 1 pick with their own pick.

Will someone please break that down?

My issue with this is that's what the odds are before the first lottery team's name is thrown out. After that, odds change since there just aren't as many teams to choose. At the time of the fourth pick, we've a 35% chance of getting it. That makes sense, as there's a 65% chance of the remaining 3 teams to get the 4th pick.

But then it gets stupid on all the charts. 1st, 2nd, and 3rd picks list out every team that's in the lottery, but when you get down to 1, 2, and 3, you can't continue to give every team a chance at getting the pick as they've already been eliminated. It doesn't make sense to include those people in elimination style, and I'm far from a statistician.

The first, second and third pick are done by a four number draw out of 14 numbers. That means there are 1001 possible combinations. One of those combinations isn't used and if it's drawn, it's thrown out and a redraw occurs. The team with the worst record gets 250 combinations. The second worst team gets 199 combinations, then 156, 119, 88, 63, 43, 28, 17, 11, 8, 7, 6, and the best team not making the playoffs get 5 combinations. Once the first pick is drawn, the second pick is drawn. If the team that won the first pick wins the second pick, that draw is thrown out and a redraw happens. Same thing happens with the third pick. Once the three picks are decided, picks 4-14 are determined by record, worst to best.

The first, second and third pick are done by a four number draw out of 14 numbers. That means there are 1001 possible combinations. One of those combinations isn't used and if it's drawn, it's thrown out and a redraw occurs. The team with the worst record gets 250 combinations. The second worst team gets 199 combinations, then 156, 119, 88, 63, 43, 28, 17, 11, 8, 7, 6, and the best team not making the playoffs get 5 combinations. Once the first pick is drawn, the second pick is drawn. If the team that won the first pick wins the second pick, that draw is thrown out and a redraw happens. Same thing happens with the third pick. Once the three picks are decided, picks 4-14 are determined by record, worst to best.

I forgot about the part where the first three draft picks were picked before anything else.

Thanks dude.

Oh crap i forgot about our French project, i think we should surely continue that experiment and i am dying to see what Raul Neto can bring to the table.

Wow wow wow, slow down there grandpa Jazz. My man, I respectfully disagree. Hayward has been terrific at times this season. What more can you ask of the guy. In our only win he put up 27 points 10 assists 5 boards and shot the ball very well. On that 4 game road trip where we got blasted every game, Hayward played very well. He averaged 22 points on 50% plus shooting as well as like 5 assists and 6 or 7 boards. I know he is not a number 1 guy, but if you put a number 1 guy on this team, Hayward would be a terrific complementary piece. Give the guy some love. He is getting everything he can out of what he has been given and it is pretty darn good.

Is he a third? If you call him Ender he is destined to be the 3rd option on the team. But in the end he would then be the best coach of all-time.

Randy Andy
Andy 1
Basket Andy Foul
A-dub

Jazz have at best a 25% chance of getting the number 1 pick with their own pick.

When it comes to the draft picks i have been preaching caution about the whole process. My comment about "the virtually assured #1 pick" was sarcasm.

Hayward has been terrific at times this season.

Yes he has at times. He has also been AWOL for way long stretches in many games. Kanter had a good run early but sucking right now. Favors had a horrible start and is playing much, much better now. I know they are still young guys. Maybe we just have to let them search for some consistency.