What's new

Will Hardy expected to be hired as head coach

The cost of living has skyrocketed relative to wages over the past several decades. It's particularly bad for home prices relative to wages:

View attachment 12423

This chart doesn't even include 2018-2022. Which... yikes.

There's really no arguing that it is objectively harder to provide for a familiy compared to previous generations. The whole "No it's just because people make bad choices and don't want to be held accountable" nonsense sounds like billionaire Republican propoganda.
We should do this in a different thread, but you’ll notice I never said it’s only because of bad choices. I never said it was easy. I just don’t think it’s as impossible as you do. And fwiw, if the wage stagnation chart doesn’t include benefits, it’s not worth much as a chart. I didn’t check your chart, but most I’ve seen don’t include benefits.

We should do this in a different thread, but you’ll notice I never said it’s only because of bad choices. I never said it was easy. I just don’t think it’s as impossible as you do.
I never said it was impossible. I know I'll get there eventually, assuming the growth in housing costs calms down a little.

We should do this in a different thread, but you’ll notice I never said it’s only because of bad choices. I never said it was easy. I just don’t think it’s as impossible as you do. And fwiw, if the wage stagnation chart doesn’t include benefits, it’s not worth much as a chart. I didn’t check your chart, but most I’ve seen don’t include benefits.
I don't know if it includes benefits or not, but saying that makes the chart not worth much is insane. Benefits won't make up a 4x increase in the price-income ratio.

Bill Simmons had some amazing praise for Hardy on his podcast today.

He said every time he went to the Celtics playoff games this year the biggest thing that stood out was Hardy. Said Udoka leaned on him a lot and Hardy had total control over the team and had their full attention.

The cost of living has skyrocketed relative to wages over the past several decades. It's particularly bad for home prices relative to wages:

View attachment 12423

This chart doesn't even include 2018-2022. Which... yikes.

There's really no arguing that it is objectively harder to provide for a familiy compared to previous generations. The whole "No it's just because people make bad choices and don't want to be held accountable" nonsense sounds like billionaire Republican propoganda.
Man i definitely bought my house at the right time (2008). My mortgage is like 850 per month and I only owe about 100,000 on it and have like 350,000 in equity and like 3.2 interest rate.
If I hadn't done that then I would totally screwed right now. I got really lucky. My household income isn't even close to 100,000 per year. Im very lucky.