What's new

Will Ingles have his jersey retired?

WIll Joe have his jersey retired?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jack Strop

Probably not. He may not have the stats or the longevity. But no one has done more to bring back the Jazz brand than Joe. He's the team leader according to the players...if you believe what the media has said. He's the guy who keeps the team together, keeps them loose. I know Rudy anchors the defense down low, but Joe is the one trash talking, generally with the opponent's best player. He gets in the head of so many players - and their fans.

I'll admit I was dead wrong about him. I thought Joe was, at best, a 6th man until last season showed me otherwise. His defense and play making is every bit as important as his 3PT shooting. I hope he can slide into a 6th man role once he can't go 30 mins/per anymore.

And how many players can claim a catchphrase was started because of them? Getting Jingled is becoming commonplace to his opponents.

Jazz should put a statue of Joe with his head band outside the arena.

Last edited:
Stats and longevity are not the exclusive criteria for number retirement.

Also lol at praising Joe and then forecasting his move to the bench. Please let the Ingles praise come from the appropriate sources.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

Also lol at praising Joe and then forecasting his move to the bench. Please let the Ingles praise come from the appropriate sources.
Sorry you took that the wrong way. At his age (31), I was thinking maybe he signed his deal as his last contract in the NBA. But maybe he can start for the next several years. At some point, he's not going to be able to play 30 mins/per anymore. And my hope is he'll decide to be a 6th man for the latter part of his career rather than retire and return to Australia.

Probably not...but I really hope he does. He'll hopefully be a lifer here, and he might be one of the greatest fan favorites ever for this franchise.

If he ends his career here after age 35, and continues to be a leader and important piece, then absolutely. It may even happen in fewer years if he retires but another 5 would more or less cement it, unless he has a serious drop off in his play.

Probably not. He may not have the stats or the longevity. But no one has done more to bring back the Jazz brand than Joe. He's the team leader according to the players...if you believe what the media has said. He's the guy who keeps the team together, keeps them loose. I know Rudy anchors the defense down low, but Joe is the one trash talking, generally with the opponent's best player. He gets in the head of so many players - and their fans.

I'll admit I was dead wrong about him. I thought Joe was, at best, a 6th man until last season showed me otherwise. His defense and play making is every bit as important as his 3PT shooting. I hope he can slide into a 6th man role once he can't go 30 mins/per anymore.

And how many players can claim a catchphrase was started because of them? Getting Jingled is becoming commonplace to his opponents.

Jazz should put a statue of Joe with his head band outside the arena.
No one has done more to bring the Jazz brand back than Joe?......There is this kid named Donovan that would like a word, or a guy named Rudy.

I love Joe, but probably not. Unless this team sees some conference finals, NBA finals, or title runs no. Deron Williams is probably the most considerable player who may deserve his number retired. I don’t think so, but I think you can make the argument he represents an era of Jazz basketball that should be commemorated. Joe just isn’t that guy unless this team does a lot IMO. He will be more like a Hornacek and you’ve gotta have a lot of team success to warrant his jersey being retired IMO. You hope for Rudy and Donovan and the success we think they can have, then maybe he will, but not solely based off his career IMO.

I get it we love these guys, but we may be looking to hang jerseys or build statues a bit too soon. But it’s exciting we think they have the promise to warrant such things.

I'd be down to retiring dudes Jersey if he went to Memphis tomorrow.

Someone tell me I'm wrong about retiring any member's of this team' jersey.

#favorshatersfuggoff
#udohhatersfuggoff
#graysonloversfuggoff
#gramarnazisfuggon

Jersey and headband in the rafters and statue outside one of the stadium bars for our man Joe.

Joe will get a statue, jersey retirement, state holiday, and a street named after him... very likely some car dealerships too... and none of it will be enough to honor his legend... but he will accept it as he is a grateful hero.

Joe will get a statue, jersey retirement, state holiday, and a street named after him... very likely some car dealerships too... and none of it will be enough to honor his legend... but he will accept it as he is a grateful hero.
I can see the car dealership commercials now. As a young couple walk into the showroom they hear the jingle of car keys as someone comments "sounds like another customer just got 'jingled.'" Narrator says "Don't hesitate, come in and let Ingles 'Jingle' you!"

Here is the issue, we have a very rich history when it comes to players. It would be very difficult to give Ingles the same respect as Stockton or Malone regardless of how much I love what Jingles has been to us.

If he was doing the same thing for the Clippers or Hawks or Pelicans, I think he would get that type of recognition. Long way to go here before that can happen...

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app

I can see the car dealership commercials now. As a young couple walk into the showroom they hear the jingle of car keys as someone comments "sounds like another customer just got 'jingled.'" Narrator says "Don't hesitate, come in and let Ingles 'Jingle' you!"

And then he gives the keys away for three.

When Joe finally calls it quits in 12-15 years after being a 10-time all star he will determine how many numbers he gets retired. He may want one for him and "headband Joe". They may just change the name of the arena to the Joe Ingles GOAT Arena and put a big picture of him doing the thumbs up outside... It would really be the only classy thing to do.