What's new

Will Jazz fans be patient long enough?

Zerol

Next season, we may see:

- Favors bulking up to be a long, athletic and strong center the team has long wanted;
- Hayward breaking out, realizing he can shoot as he catches the ball rather than driving and dish or driving and travel
- Jefferson keeping up the scoring surge he is having and still give you 10+ rebounds and 2 blocks per night
- Millsap willing to come off the bench to be the scoring punch we need in the second unit
- Harris being healthy for 82 games and much more comfortable in our system
- Kirilenko, Bell and Price gone
- the Jazz picking Irving and Barnes with the 1st and 2nd overall picks with incredible and never-been-seen-before luck in the draft lottery, or;
- Whoever we draft turning out to be the steals of the draft
- KOC uses his magic again to pull the unthinkable together and get us a solid, even star player

Then we should be able to jump right back into the thick of the West playoffs, right?

But as we are realistic enough to realize that the chance of these happening all at once is as good as all of us winning the lottery (the money one, not the draft), our team next year may not be much better than the team we are looking at since the 27-13 start. So that brings me to this question - will we be patient enough to go through the growing pain knowing that we might miss the playoffs for the next couple of years?

I am ready.

Well, we always have the Golden State pick to salve the wounds of another lousy season. The silver lining to a gray season.

Next season, we may see:

- Favors bulking up to be a long, athletic and strong center the team has long wanted;
I don't know how you expect him to grow taller in the off-season. He's only 6'10"- same as Jefferson, a PF currently playing as an undersized center.

- Kirilenko, Bell and Price gone.
I have no problem with the team retaining AK on a much, much smaller contract. He's not a bad player, just a bad contract. If they keep Price as the third-string PG, meh, whoever has that role will be a marginal NBA player anyway, that's part of the job description. Bell can go help Jerry rake leaves.

will we be patient enough to go through the growing pain knowing that we might miss the playoffs for the next couple of years?
We were only headed for a first-round exit this season at best anyway, and with little prospect for improvement in coming years short of getting lucky with our resultant non-lottery pick, so there isn't a huge change in outlook IMHO. I'd still prefer to be following a team that was winning more than losing, but it is what it is.

AK IS NOT WORTH ANY OF THE ORGANIZATION'S TIME OR MONEY anymore. He can't play on ball D, he isn't blocking shots anymore, he takes ill advised shot after shot, he doesn't play with any toughness at all and did I mention he is weak as ****. He is good at passing the ball and screaming AYYIIIII every time he shoots the ball down low. He is also good at stealing the Jazz's organizations money!

To me Hayward is 10x better than AK. He can pass, shoot, drive, defend better and is pretty athletic and smart.

I don't know how you expect him to grow taller in the off-season.

If he doesn't bulk up, then he's just long and athletic. If he bulks up, then he will be long, athletic and strong.

He is only 19 so it's possible for him to grow anyway, and he is only .25" behind Dwight Howard in standing reach so combined with his athleticism he is totally capable of playing center.

AK is a fine player for 4 mill. But I still don't want the Jazz to resign him. Any way you cut it, AK isn't part of our future. We won't be a contender until the distant future, I think we will probably be a lottery team next year. The only reason to sign AK is to soften the blow of being a rebuilding team, to hope he will make our bad team a little less bad.

I say why? If we are gonna suck, we might as well suck. Give the future minutes, we don't need the old Russian to grind out a few more seasons with us.

AK IS NOT WORTH ANY OF THE ORGANIZATION'S TIME OR MONEY anymore. He can't play on ball D, he isn't blocking shots anymore, he takes ill advised shot after shot, he doesn't play with any toughness at all and did I mention he is weak as ****. He is good at passing the ball and screaming AYYIIIII every time he shoots the ball down low. He is also good at stealing the Jazz's organizations money!

To me Hayward is 10x better than AK. He can pass, shoot, drive, defend better and is pretty athletic and smart.

Hayward cannot defend starter quality SF's, who are you trying to kid? As a starter he would then be guarding Lebron, Carmelo, Durant, Pierce, night in night out like AK has to do. You really want to see that horror show. Hayward's future is SG if he has one on the NBA.

Dude, Ive been waiting since 1992. Another few years is not going to matter. That said, this team will remain the same until we get some consistent outside shooting.

I heard this Korver guy in Chicago is a pretty good shooter, we ought to look at bringing him in here. There is also this Matthews guy in Portland who has a solid outside game. Either of them would be a nice upgrade. Make it happen KOC!!!!

I heard this Korver guy in Chicago is a pretty good shooter, we ought to look at bringing him in here. There is also this Matthews guy in Portland who has a solid outside game. Either of them would be a nice upgrade. Make it happen KOC!!!!

And do it while not spending 85 million dollars to do it.

Oh wait.

Yes JazzFanz will be patient.

Next season, we may see:

- Hayward breaking out, realizing he can shoot as he catches the ball rather than driving and dish or driving and travel
- Jefferson keeping up the scoring surge he is having and still give you 10+ rebounds and 2 blocks per night
- Millsap willing to come off the bench to be the scoring punch we need in the second unit
- Harris being healthy for 82 games and much more comfortable in our system
- Kirilenko, Bell and Price gone
- the Jazz picking Irving and Barnes with the 1st and 2nd overall picks with incredible and never-been-seen-before luck in the draft lottery, or;
- Whoever we draft turning out to be the steals of the draft
- KOC uses his magic again to pull the unthinkable together and get us a solid, even star player

Then we should be able to jump right back into the thick of the West playoffs, right?

But as we are realistic enough to realize that the chance of these happening all at once is as good as all of us winning the lottery (the money one, not the draft), our team next year may not be much better than the team we are looking at since the 27-13 start. So that brings me to this question - will we be patient enough to go through the growing pain knowing that we might miss the playoffs for the next couple of years?

I am ready.

Am I the only guy in the world who thinks Irving will blow in the NBA? Dudes a skinny hack.

If there's one thing I've learned about Jazz fans, especially on these boards, it's that they're calm, rational, patient, and level-headed.

Patience, sure, why not. The way I see it, I've invested almost 30 years of my life rooting for the Jazz. Yeah, we've never won it all, but I just look at all those Red Sox fans that waited 86 years for a championship (most of them in graves). Surely we won't have to wait 86 years to win a title, right? Please tell me I'm right....