• Yes

• Nah

• Mitchell GOAT

Results are only viewable after voting.

dong2ha

Premium Jazz Fan
Contributor
Favors and Burks...

I love Favors, but what will the jazz do?

His value is high (if he keeps playing like this). Will he re-sign with us? I won't blame him if he leaves, but we don't want to lose him for nothing.

Burks? I am not sure what we can get from him tbh.

Last edited:
We need to find a new rotation where Favors plays the five for bigger periods when Gobert returns or I believe he walks. I hate to admit it, but I like watching the games better when Gobert isn't in. They have a much better flow. Now if the shots aren't falling, as so often happens, it's a whole different story!

For Burks, probably get a hot dog and a large drink.

The Jazz do not make splashy moves, so I am going with no. I would like to see them take a flier on something though, but doubtful given their conservative nature.

We need to find a new rotation where Favors plays the five for bigger periods when Gobert returns or I believe he walks. I hate to admit it, but I like watching the games better when Gobert isn't in. They have a much better flow. Now if the shots aren't falling, as so often happens, it's a whole different story!

For Burks, probably get a hot dog and a large drink.
And do you remember what it looks like when Gobert gets the luxury of space that Favors is enjoying right now?

How quickly they forget.
It is insane to me. You could pencil Gobert in for 15/15 with 4 blocks (and done more efficiently than anyone worth mentioning in the entire world) the best defensive +/- on the team by a mile every couple of games last year.

Yeah, Favors is a better player on offense, Gobert changes the entire game plan for the opposing team's offense. And if the lane is cleared, you can get him lobs all night. He also ****ing rebounds for Christ's sake.

Yeah, playing offense well is fun, but outgunning other teams is not a sustainable way for this team to win games, and that's why it's not this team's identity.

Here are a couple ideas:

Favors and 2nd rounder to Cavs for Frye (expiring) , Osman, and 2018 1st

Favors and JoeJ to Lakers for Deng and Ingram or Kuzma

Favors and Burks to Suns for Monroe's expiring

Favors and JoeJ for Dellavadova and Jabari Parker (if he has any kind of setback with his injury which Bucks don't want to gamble on but we might)

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app

Sure, most of us want to trade Favors because he is likely to leave in free agency. But he is an expiring contract so he doesn't have great value.

Burks, well, he is Burks. He has negative value.

You guys are forgetting some of our better assets: Joe Jesus expiring would be ideal for a contender. Any of Thabo/Ekpe/Jonas have great value as team-friendly deals: the team-options are huge for teams looking for cap relief next summer (to be one of the few teams with cap space, for luxury tax concerns or to retain key players). Maybe we can flip one of those contracts (along with Favors -or even Burks-) for a young asset/established veteran in his prime.

Last edited:
Here are a couple ideas:

Favors and 2nd rounder to Cavs for Frye (expiring) , Osman, and 2018 1st

Favors and JoeJ to Lakers for Deng and Ingram or Kuzma

Favors and Burks to Suns for Monroe's expiring

Favors and JoeJ for Dellavadova and Jabari Parker (if he has any kind of setback with his injury which Bucks don't want to gamble on but we might)

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app
HAHAHAHA......

solid troll post

Burks scored 28 points last night on 17 shots, 4/6 on threes, 7 rebounds, 5 assists in 29 minutes. Y'all are still living in the past. Burks is going to be fine.

I say the jazz make a trade.

I think they will, but who knows. The fact that Clippers are trying to move DJ might cut into # of potential suitors.