What's new

Will Kanter be assasinated?

So Kanter can't go to Turkey or China.
Sports and politics have never been mixed like they have the last few years. Individual athletes speaking out is not the issue and never has been. The league jumping full force into controversial political stands is not in the same solar system as waving a flag or Olympic pride. That is fine if you like it but for me it is totally whack. And the NBA has done so in a hypocritical way which is where Kanter has it right.
Sports and politics have never been mixed in a way you don't like except for the last few years.

In the U.S. we specifically use sports to promote our military and to reinforce nationalism. That's undeniably political. The fact that people have started to push back on that is what has changed and has upset so many people.

Kanter is a complex dude. I just hope he is happy. What he is doing is brave and I admire him. Remember the summer he got ripped and was basically Gronk. I never would have picked this as his career arc.

Sports and politics have never been mixed like they have the last few years. Individual athletes speaking out is not the issue and never has been. The league jumping full force into controversial political stands is not in the same solar system as waving a flag or Olympic pride. That is fine if you like it but for me it is totally whack. And the NBA has done so in a hypocritical way which is where Kanter has it right.
I guess you forgot about the NFL's deal with promoting the war in Iraq and terror. Please sports and politics have always been a way to promote American nationalism in this country. YOu can go back to the 1930's with Jesse Owens defeating Germans at the 36 Olympics. America hailed him a hero but treated him like a dog at home.

It is all a result of the rise of social media. Suddenly everyone is a pundit and we get to hear literally every single thought that races through every addled brain in the world. In the 80's, 90's even the 00's we really only got what the news media decided we should hear. Now we get it all. Every. Last. Rancid. Drop.

As much as I hated to admit it. Kanter got stuck with freaking Ty Corbin as a coach. I'd be a pissed player too.
He's the ONLY pro athlete to speak the truth and he's winning new respect.
Props to him.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
As much as I hated Corbin as a coach, kanter just wasn't talented enough as a player to begin with. He was the one who wanted out even after we brought in Quin and simply didn't have any luck with any of the coaches that came after Ty so it's mostly on him. The only guy that was “stuck” with Corbin is Rudy.

Last edited: