What's new

Will Kanter regret what he has done today?

The Blue Elephant

Have any of you said something very stupid and was stuck digging a deeper and deeper hole trying to defend yourself? Were you too stubborn to admit you shouldn't have said that at the time but after time has passed you know you were wrong? His entire former team hates him probably more than any other player in the NBA. Utah Jazz fans hate him. His agent is a "yes man" to everything an immature Enes Kanter says and does who is just happy to have his first NBA client.

Will Kanter regret how he has handled today or will he always have a "**** the Utah Jazz" attitude?

I hope Memo contacts Kanter and tells him to straighten up.

I feel bad for Kanter. He got paid Millions of Dollars as a teenager to play basketball. Gotta feel for him.

Nah, he'll never regret what he said...someone will give him a huge contract. OKC ain't going anywhere this year. So, let's just hope Utah makes enough moves to finish ahead of that team every year in the standings. If/when the Jazz win a championship, they should award Kanter a symbolic $1 share for being the reason they became so united. This was such an enjoyable win tonight. We could go on a 9-game losing streak to end the season and I wouldn't care.

Well this certainly calls for a new thread. I was just thinking there weren't enough Kanter threads on the front page.

Nah, he'll never regret what he said...someone will give him a huge contract. OKC ain't going anywhere this year. So, let's just hope Utah makes enough moves to finish ahead of that team every year in the standings. If/when the Jazz win a championship, they should award Kanter a symbolic $1 share for being the reason they became so united. This was such an enjoyable win tonight. We could go on a 9-game losing streak to end the season and I wouldn't care.

Better get that "if" business outta here.

I'm sure there well come a time when he well realize how stupid his comments and actions were. It may not be soon or even during his playing days.

Heck Shaq came out today and said that he regretted leaving Orlando the way he did. Something that he said before didn't matter.

I think he will, but not yet.

Too an extent, he's been our scapegoat for years, and that's a kind of abuse that makes people do crazy **** like shoot up their office or school in extreme cases. I think Enes is a good person, and like Locke has always said, just wants to be loved. Like being loved is really important to him. He felt he didn't get love here, but I think eventually he'll mature and realize how to nurture that within, and find love is something you give without thinking of receiving before you receive it.

Dr. Sexual Favors with some armchair psych for you.

Problem SF. is that he's unwilling to look in the mirror and take responsibility for anything himself. He blames the coaches, his teammates, the fans, the organization. Everyone BUT himself. And he openly says he didn't give 100% many times. But he says that just matter-of-fact, not even with a hint of regret. ALL he was asked to do was play defense.

But I'm not surprised. Most of the time you aren't recognized for being a good defender. But everyone praises you if you put up 20/10. Kanter, just like Boozer and Big Al thinks that's enough. But as much as I came to hate Boozer, he NEVER threw the Jazz under the bus like Enes did.

Problem SF. is that he's unwilling to look in the mirror and take responsibility for anything himself. He blames the coaches, his teammates, the fans, the organization. Everyone BUT himself. And he openly says he didn't give 100% many times. But he says that just matter-of-fact, not even with a hint of regret. ALL he was asked to do was play defense.

But I'm not surprised. Most of the time you aren't recognized for being a good defender. But everyone praises you if you put up 20/10. Kanter, just like Boozer and Big Al thinks that's enough. But as much as I came to hate Boozer, he NEVER threw the Jazz under the bus like Enes did.

Very few basketball players gives 100% effort every single min 82 games a year. Kanter is just the first to admit it.

https://thunderobsessed.com/?p=14884

Instead of focusing on a team that was one of the best defensive teams since the All-Star break. Instead of putting the team first and worrying about the battle for the eighth and final playoff spot, Kanter did what all immature players who’ve never been there before do.

He made it all about him.

Royce Young ‏@royceyoung 4h4 hours ago

Brooks on Kanter: "I didn't like the way he handled it when they introduced him. Something that will be addressed. We're better than that."

Very few basketball players gives 100% effort every single min 82 games a year. Kanter is just the first to admit it.

No one does duh. Everyone has off days. It is not about whether the player literally is running as fast and as hard as they possibly can every single second of every single game. It is an attitude thing. It isn't that he is the first player in the entire history of the NBA to admit to anything. He is rather showing how ****ty his attitude is. Plenty of other players have had similar attitudes. But the best, the greatest players to play the game, the ones that really matter and make a difference, they at least have the attitude that they will do their very best each and every game. Some games will be better than others, another duh. But the great ones have the desire and courage to at least try to put forth their best effort every game. Do they always succeed in that? Of course not they are still human. But what Kanter showed is a ***** me-first attitude that will in the end get him some pretty stats but no pretty jewelry. It's an attitude thing, and players with that kind of attitude can stay far far away from us. They are, at their core, losers.

A turkish commenter said: Enes is watching wrestling too much, and he is affected by it. He thinks talking thrash is good likewise in wrestling organisation, which indeed is really bad in the nba society.
I totally agree with him. And his bad attitude is slowly becoming a part of his character, thats the problem