What's new

Will the Jazz end even or positive in point differential?

Will the Jazz end with an even or positive point differential?

• Total voters

Darkwing Duck

They're -77 with 24 games left. So they have to be a little better than +3 the rest of the season while being -1.3 currently (was in the high 2s not too long ago).

A +3 would be slightly under Houston level of play over the course of the season so far.

I'll say no, but they'll get under minus 1.

It's hard to move averages very much after so many games. Because they have little ability to explode offensively they're not going to make up that point differential. It's actually impressive, IMO, that their record is so bad given the small point differential. Maybe it's the same for other teams with a similar W/L record. I'll have to look it up.

It's hard to move averages very much after so many games. Because they have little ability to explode offensively they're not going to make up that point differential. It's actually impressive, IMO, that their record is so bad given the small point differential. Maybe it's the same for other teams with a similar W/L record. I'll have to look it up.
They really have not been blown out too often this year. They don't often blow out the other team either. So that would indicate the small point diff.

We are going to end the season with lots of wins. There is no tank. It's about learning to win and momentum to 2015. We will be playing tanking teams.

No defensive liabilities mean there won't be any more blow outs for the Jazz and for the blowouts in the favor of Jazz, I think there still can be 2 or 3, so I expect them to finish on the positive.

The Jazz are now tenth in the hollinger power rankings. Although that is more a function of the raptors and mavs dropping the last couple games than the Jazz moving up, as their rating stayed about the same the last few days. It's crazy to think that this team is producing at a top ten level after being so bad for a year and a half.

Given the improved play and weak schedule I say yes they will. We are already pretty much there.