What's new

Will you trade the 6th pick?

Zerol

If we stay at No.6 and No.12 after the draft lottery, with the prediction that Barnes and Derrick Williams will be gone by then, will you consider packaging the 6th pick in a trade for an established, young veteran?

I am thinking the 6th pick + Okur's expiring may suffice to get Iguodala from the Sixers. He might not be the shooter we need, but with him being able to handle the ball and draw attention, we can start a combo guard if we draft Brandon Knight or Nolan Smith with the 12th pick (assuming if we intend to trade Harris for more shooters).

Same package can be offered to Indiana for Granger as well.

Thoughts?

This draft is weak and it could get even worse if a guy like Barnes stays in college. It's going to be very difficult to trade out of this draft for any value.

From what Doug Collins said earlier in the season he is pretty high on Evan Turner but he is pretty much a duplicate for Iguodala. If they believe Turner can at least give them 75% of what Iguodala is producing (which I think is likely), we are talking about huge savings there plus they can use the draft pick to add a center which they desperately need.

Granted our team is not going anywhere anytime soon too, but we have a big need at the wing and if none is available via the draft, I think this will help a great deal. Who knows, we might be back to contention sooner than expected.

****ing ew. The second the Sixers again determine that it's time to start over, Iggy will be auctioned off for scraps and salary relief. And Indiana wouldn't do it.

If the right thing comes along, sure. But I'd rather chance it and be patient than to go after guys that couldn't do anything for teams that are better than the Jazz are right now. Hell, I was and still am of the opinion that keeping Jefferson and Harris was a waste of time and salary since this team is being dragged kicking and screaming into a rebuild, to the point of denial.

From what Doug Collins said earlier in the season he is pretty high on Evan Turner but he is pretty much a duplicate for Iguodala. If they believe Turner can at least give them 75% of what Iguodala is producing (which I think is likely), we are talking about huge savings there plus they can use the draft pick to add a center which they desperately need.

Granted our team is not going anywhere anytime soon too, but we have a big need at the wing and if none is available via the draft, I think this will help a great deal. Who knows, we might be back to contention sooner than expected.

I just thought about trading the pick for a vet and I don't think we should. Hayward has shown some potential. Favors has shown so potential to be great. Miles and Ak have come out and said they would like to resign.

I think If Utah does anything with teh pick, it should be something like Millsap and our loto pick (12-14) for Felton or lawson-Gallenari. Brings back shooters and gives us a young core of players to build with for the next 10 years. Then Maybe use our pick for the best avble talent. Then package Memo and his insurance paid contract with Bell to a team looking to cut salary for a chance at D-Howard.

Harris Miles Gallenari Favors Jefferson
Felton Hayward Evans Ak Fez plus pick

I would be pretty excited for that teams future.

****ing ew. The second the Sixers again determine that it's time to start over, Iggy will be auctioned off for scraps and salary relief. And Indiana wouldn't do it.

If the right thing comes along, sure. But I'd rather chance it and be patient than to go after guys that couldn't do anything for teams that are better than the Jazz are right now. Hell, I was and still am of the opinion that keeping Jefferson and Harris was a waste of time and salary since this team is being dragged kicking and screaming into a rebuild, to the point of denial.

If Utah is going to take on salary why do we want them to take on AI 17 million in his last year of the deal. I agree its not worth it. Lets rebuild and go with what we hve. Harris and Jefferson will be a big part of the rebuilding. More Jefferson then Harris. Seriously Millsap and our pick for Gallenari and lawson would be a sweet move for Utah this offseason. Saves money and gets us younger and puts us in an instant rebuild with a decent team.

The Jazz should be dangling both picks. Doesn't mean they deal them. But you always hope there's a delusional retard out there who is so afraid of losing Kemba Walker that they give up actual value to get him.

I think, if you're the Jazz FO, you let it be known that your draft picks are available for trade offers. Also, if there are any players on the team you want to trade, let that be known as well. To me, it just really depends on where the ping pong balls drop. If Utah lucks up and gets a higher pick (third or higher) than I think the chances of keeping the pick are pretty high. There would have to be some really good offers on the table to give up the third pick in ANY draft.

I don't understand the rush to get rid of one of the Jazz's the longest-tenured and most productive players that also is easily the toughest player on the team and best leader by example on a cheap contract.

That was a difficult run-on sentence to write right, and I still don't think I did it right.

Last edited:
I don't understand the rush to get rid of one of the Jazz's the most longest-tenured and most productive players that also is easily the toughest player on the team and best leader by example on a cheap contract.

That was a difficult run-on sentence to write right, and I still don't think I did it right.

Agreed. If anyone should be traded let it be Okur.

We have Favors, whose is 6 ft 10 to Millsap 6 ft 7 is one reason I would package him. Plus, if we got Lawson and Gallenari. I think thats better then Granger or AI. We go young and rebuild and I would like the rotation too. Then use our pick to draft a big

Harris/Lawson
Miles/Hayward
Gallenari/AK
Favors Pick
Jefferson/Fez

Our starting 5 would be younger then the Thunder. And throw in a few draft picks, add some vets, Kobe retires and you have an up and coming contender!

Agreed. If anyone should be traded let it be Okur.

Dude look what Houston got for Tmac last year. Teams wanted Cap space and were willing to give up picks and some decent talent Hill, Martin. So I think if I were Utah I'd hold onto him and get try and get a decent package of youth for Memo and His insurance paid contract. But I totally agree trade Memo

Dude look what Houston got for Tmac last year. Teams wanted Cap space and were willing to give up picks and some decent talent Hill, Martin. So I think if I were Utah I'd hold onto him and get try and get a decent package of youth for Memo and His insurance paid contract. But I totally agree trade Memo

Not every franchise is one the most poorly-run of the last 15 years and not every year is a year where the best player since Jordan and a huge percentage of the league's stars are free agents.

So next year, teams won't be trying to line up with cap space for D-Howard? Chris Paul? Or my Favorite Deron Williams? Thats also as big as Labron James, D Wade and Chris Bosh, NO? So, I think Utah will get some talent for Memo!!!

New Jersey wants another star player to put next to Dwill. So what if they thought they had a chance to land Howard but they needed to shave a contract or 2 and they called up and said you take Outlaw and Lopez for Memo Or Outlaw with our other 2 1st round picks. You just never know.

Look at who the Bulls gave away for some Cap space. T. Thomas, Hinrich and picks.

The Heat gave away Dorral Wright and Mike Beasley

Clippers gave away Zach Randolph

New york gave away picks, Zach Randolp, Jamal Crawford, Jordan Hill and Money

teams will do some crazy things to land a true star. Recent examples Felton-Chandler-Gallenari-center dude plus picks for Melo. or Harris, Favors and Picks for Dwill.

Im just saying I like Utahs options with Memo and his deal

No.
I would change my mind if the trade included an All-Star guard that was young coming to Utah.
A real All-Star, not 5 years ago, and not Brandon Roy.

We have Favors, whose is 6 ft 10 to Millsap 6 ft 7 is one reason I would package him. Plus, if we got Lawson and Gallenari. I think thats better then Granger or AI. We go young and rebuild and I would like the rotation too. Then use our pick to draft a big

Harris/Lawson
Miles/Hayward
Gallenari/AK
Favors Pick
Jefferson/Fez

Our starting 5 would be younger then the Thunder. And throw in a few draft picks, add some vets, Kobe retires and you have an up and coming contender!

I will not be excited about any team with AK, Miles, and Fess together. That is not a recipe for success. Unless the goal is to get another lottery pick in the future.