What's new

Will you trade the 6th pick?

So next year, teams won't be trying to line up with cap space for D-Howard? Chris Paul? Or my Favorite Deron Williams? Thats also as big as Labron James, D Wade and Chris Bosh, NO? So, I think Utah will get some talent for Memo!!!

Totally agree with this. The only reason AK was worth squat is that there is no one of value this year plus the lockout. Next year teams will be trying to get under the new cap and Okur's 10 mill is not nearly as bad as some max guys. a 10 Mill expiring will be worth a ton next year.

All this talk of getting under the cap to hunt free agents is insanely premature. Until there is a new CBA, there is practically no NBA after this season. We don't know if free agency will meet new restrictions beyond a likely more restrictive cap structure. Long story short, free agent hunts the likes of 2010 might not happen again, and almost assuredly won't be allowed to happen for a while.

I was wondering if Portland would give us Wes Matthews for devin Harris. I know the salaries don't match but that is the basis of the trade. I know they like Harris.

I was also thinking a sign and trade ak for kaman. I still believe ak would be a good fit playing along side griffin nice vet for the clips. We know sterling is cheap so he gets a player for about the same as he is already paying. Then the jazz move millsap. Favors is part of a 3 man rotation.

The Jazz should be dangling both picks. Doesn't mean they deal them. But you always hope there's a delusional retard out there who is so afraid of losing Kemba Walker that they give up actual value to get him.

Agreed. Gotta be looking around. We have a lot of assets and might get a nice offer.

I will not be excited about any team with AK, Miles, and Fess together. That is not a recipe for success. Unless the goal is to get another lottery pick in the future.

Agreed. Look at what Fragilenko has done since February. Even the homers here are running out of excuses. Previously it used to be easy to blame Slloan and Deron for Fragilenko's mediocrity. Now?
You can pencil him to miss a guaranteed 13-15 games every year. And in the remaining 67 games or so, he will show up for about half of them. And some guys here are ready to pay upto 8 mil for that.
I'd rather have CJ at half that price.

Iggy has one good game against the incredible Jazz and everyone is back on his jock?

Bitch%20Slap.gif

internet+slap.gif

slap.gif

Agreed. Look at what Fragilenko has done since February. Even the homers here are running out of excuses. Previously it used to be easy to blame Slloan and Deron for Fragilenko's mediocrity. Now?
You can pencil him to miss a guaranteed 13-15 games every year. And in the remaining 67 games or so, he will show up for about half of them. And some guys here are ready to pay upto 8 mil for that.
I'd rather have CJ at half that price.
Kirilenko's an aging turd that has absolutely nothing to offer to a team that's rebuilding. Flush him.

Yea who are the AK lovers going to blame now. Sloan is gone, DW is gone, Boozer is gone. I am sure they will find someone else to blame for why AK never reached his top 10 status as his worshippers claimed he was. I am sure AK is a decently fellow but I will freak'n scream if they re-sign the guy.

I wouldn't trade the pick without knowing who is in the draft. Besides I am ready for the rebuild so unless someone knocks my socks off with an offer I would rather just keep it.

If we stay at No.6 and No.12 after the draft lottery, with the prediction that Barnes and Derrick Williams will be gone by then, will you consider packaging the 6th pick in a trade for an established, young veteran?

I am thinking the 6th pick + Okur's expiring may suffice to get Iguodala from the Sixers. He might not be the shooter we need, but with him being able to handle the ball and draw attention, we can start a combo guard if we draft Brandon Knight or Nolan Smith with the 12th pick (assuming if we intend to trade Harris for more shooters).

Same package can be offered to Indiana for Granger as well.

Thoughts?

Granger, yes. Iggy, no.