What's new

WILLLLLLLLLSONNNNNNNNNNNNN......

Wilson jet from early-mid-80's was maybe the best basketball ever made. Loved mine. Wore it completely out. And the 2nd one was just as good. Good change.

The Evolution is a ****** basketball lmao. No way they are going to use a composite leather ball in the NBA

I have no idea if they're going to use the Evolution or not -

And Evolution is a good indoor ball - it's certainly the one most commonly used.

Sorry it couldn't fix your broke jumper..
It's a great ball if you have dry hands and just started the game. If you actually play hard and sweat, it's an awful ball. All composites are. The compounds they use are cheap and get slick to wetness where real leather balls improve with moisture. If they use the Evo players will flip out

Wilson makes the NCAA ball right now. I guess the NBA is the same with slightly wider grooves.
The NBA uses an all leather ball. NCAA uses a composite ball. I don't think Wilson has an all-leather option, so I am interested to see what they do.

The NBA uses an all leather ball. NCAA uses a composite ball. I don't think Wilson has an all-leather option, so I am interested to see what they do.

I'm guessing they go all leather for the pros. The evolution is a great ball for pickup and shooting around... feels great, but if you sweat a lot it gets slippery... all them dudes sweat a lot.

Got a game played leather ball from a buddy that worked for the Warriors... was surprised how hard and heavy it felt. They feel like the heavy rubber balls you play with outdoors, but the ability to handle moisture was the big benefit. I think Spalding likely lost the common player market, because everyone went Evolution... and no one wanted to play with the pro ball... even though it is what the pros use.

I'm guessing they go all leather for the pros. The evolution is a great ball for pickup and shooting around... feels great, but if you sweat a lot it gets slippery... all them dudes sweat a lot.

Got a game played leather ball from a buddy that worked for the Warriors... was surprised how hard and heavy it felt. They feel like the heavy rubber balls you play with outdoors, but the ability to handle moisture was the big benefit. I think Spalding likely lost the common player market, because everyone went Evolution... and no one wanted to play with the pro ball... even though it is what the pros use.
It's harder/more expensive to produce and they take time to break in. It's why they tried to stop using it years ago.

Last edited:
I much prefer a leather ball. One of my rec league I played in years ago tried to change from leather to composite and it sucked. Everyone complained so they went back. The next year it cost more to register a team to cover the "extra" cost of the ball, which was actually negligible.