What's new

With Korver, we...

are 3-1.

are 57 of 138 from 3 and shooting 41.3% from 3 (despite an awful 8 of 32 last night in the blowout win).

seem much more energetic and confident on the court.

A grain of salt, a grain of salt. But I’m riding this ****ing wave.

To add, Jazz have 2nd best ORTG, 12th best DRTG, 2nd best net rating and #1 eFG% since the trade.

At Spurs
At Thunder
Heat
At Magic
At Rox
Warriors
At Blazers
Thunder
Blazers
Sixers
Knicks
At Raptors

Pretty brutal stretch here. Dubs, Raptors, Sixers, Thunder twice, Blazers twice, at Rox (they’ll want revenge), at Spurs (they’ll want revenge), at Magic who are .500.

Really, really tough. Hope to go 6-6 at worst. 8-4 would be awesome.

Watching this Sixers game. The idea of signing Redick and having the Korver, Redick, Ingles triumvirate is tantalizing as all hell to me. It would never happen and we have bigger needs, but in a league where perimeter shooting is so important, it’s very tempting.

Rubio (31)-Mitchell (17)
Mitchell (16)-Redick (24)-Korver (8)
Ingles (26)-Korver (8)-Royce (14)
Favors (10)-Crowder (28)-Ingles (5)-Sef (5)
Gobert (34)-Favors (14)

At Spurs
At Thunder
Heat
At Magic
At Rox
Warriors
At Blazers
Thunder
Blazers
Sixers
Knicks
At Raptors

Pretty brutal stretch here. Dubs, Raptors, Sixers, Thunder twice, Blazers twice, at Rox (they’ll want revenge), at Spurs (they’ll want revenge), at Magic who are .500.

Really, really tough. Hope to go 6-6 at worst. 8-4 would be awesome.

Wow, that's going to test our metal.

Wow, that's going to test our metal.

He said what he meant

giphy.gif

Only playing 15 minutes a game and production the last 2 games has been poor. He only took two shots against Houston and had zero points

People will never learn that role players don't fundamentally change teams, they just don't have the ball or shoot the ball enough for it to be the case. He might help on the margins but Korver was never going to be a game changer for us playing 15 minutes a game and taking 4-5 shots a game. He never was a game changer in his career, I don't know why people thought he would be now at 37-38 years old?

People will never learn that role players don't fundamentally change teams, they just don't have the ball or shoot the ball enough for it to be the case. He might help on the margins but Korver was never going to be a game changer for us playing 15 minutes a game and taking 4-5 shots a game. He never was a game changer in his career, I don't know why people thought he would be now at 37-38 years old?
Uhhh, I mean he is definitely a game-changer. He just can't change every game of the season.

Uhhh, I mean he is definitely a game-changer. He just can't change every game of the season.
IMO he's an interesting wrinkle, but you cannot be a game changer if you play 1/4th of the game and rely entirely on teammates and/or system for your 5 shots. Yes, he gives us an interesting dimension that not many in the league have, but it's extremely limited in its impact IMO.

He will win you a game here or there, but that's the case with pretty much anybody. Hell Royce O'Neale won us a couple of games last year. If you play enough you will get the chance to impact a game here or there. My point is that he doesn't change fundamentally our season, when you draw the line in April.

IMO he's an interesting wrinkle, but you cannot be a game changer if you play 1/4th of the game and rely entirely on teammates for your 5 shots. Yes, he gives us an interesting dimension that not many in the league have, but it's extremely limited in its impact IMO.
If you make 5 three's in those 15 minutes, that changes the game. Korver can have a massive impact in a short time, it's just not going to be the most consistent thing.

And Korver doesnt rely entirely on his team for shots. When he's running off a curl on a DHO and shooting with a defender on his back, that's him creating that shot. No one else on the team can do that.