What's new

With the 23rd Pick... Rodney Hood

Hood is a SF but he can play the two in certain situatons. He dribbles and passes well enough to play the two. Kinda of like Burks can play the PG but just in certain situations. His real position is at SF.

According to one of the DX reports he was the best player in the draft this year at shooting pull-up jumpshots.

NBA Draft had Exum at 4 and Hood at 12, getting these two with 5 and 23 is amazing!

Yup. Its hard not to give the Jazz an A for this.

Manu Ginobili ...just watch tape on Hood and that is who he looks like to me.

Quick release 3 pt. shooter - check

Can handle the ball - check

Cross over - check

Hustle player - check

Left handed - check

Great timing on offensive rebounds - check

Step back jumper - check

Moves without the ball - check

Man I am excited to see Exum and Hood running the Spurs offense, with a little experience!

Hood shot 42 percent from three point range. I am pretty sure Gordon hasn't done that but Maybe he has. I love this pick because Hood was slotted as high as 8th in some mocks and no lower than 20 so the Jazz got real value here. Jazz now have depth at SF and someone who can shoot coming off the bench. At this point we don't know if hayward is coming back.

How quickly they forget...
Hayward shot 47% on his 3's his rookie season and 41.5% two years ago. And that's NBA 3-PT range.

I remember hearing Jeff Van Gundy saying that he expects his GM to get guys that can score but it is his job as a coach to get the players to play defense. Hood may not have shown his defensive potential in college I believe Snyder will get him to buy in on defensive.

This pick reminds me of when Kawhi Leonard fell farther than he should have and ended up turning into a beast. Obviously not comparing the two since they are total opposites, just comparing the situation.

For what it's worth, I didn't really focus on Hood or think he was going to be there at 23 so I really didn't know what to think when the Jazz drafted him.

When I saw him falling, I wanted one of Early, Anderson, and Hood at 23. The dude shot 42% from 3 this year and the Jazz needed shooting.

This pick reminds me of when Kawhi Leonard fell farther than he should have and ended up turning into a beast. Obviously not comparing the two since they are total opposites, just comparing the situation.
Um, Hood and Leonard are nothing alike. They are almost polar opposites.

Hood shot 42 percent from three point range. I am pretty sure Gordon hasn't done that but Maybe he has. I love this pick because Hood was slotted as high as 8th in some mocks and no lower than 20 so the Jazz got real value here. Jazz now have depth at SF and someone who can shoot coming off the bench. At this point we don't know if hayward is coming back.

Hayward shot over 40% last year, though I do see Hood as a more consistent shooter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Could also remind you of when Curtis Borchardt fell farther than expected and ended up being made of glass.

But I applaud your optimism.

Am I allowed to criticize a post? If not I didn't do that, but you're going to compare their reasons for sliding?? Borch slipped because he was a 7ft with foot issues

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just watched his draft express video. I'm wondering how did he fall to 23. I know those videos are high light cream of the crop plays but I'm still very excited.

Just watched his draft express video. I'm wondering how did he fall to 23. I know those videos are high light cream of the crop plays but I'm still very excited.

Because there are a lot of stupid teams out there.

Look at what Philly did.

Look what what Memphis did.

I thought for sure Memphis was going to take him.

Because there are a lot of stupid teams out there.

Look at what Philly did.

Look what what Memphis did.

I thought for sure Memphis was going to take him.

Maybe this is why we gave them the 35th pick. Maybe we owed them a big one for passing on hood so we could take him

Really excited by this pick, gives us some nice scoring and depth off the bench. Nice role player potential.