What's new

With the 52nd Pick the Utah Jazz Select Joel Bolomboy

In all those clips. He's the only guy on the floor that looks like an NBA player.

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz mobile app

Surprised everyone thinks he is such a lock to make the team. I certainly think he can and has a good shot, but I would put his chances at 40%.

1.Burke
2.Burks
3.Exum
4.Favors
5.Gobert
6.Hayward
7.Hill
8.Hood
9.Ingles
10.Johnson
11.Lyles
12.Mack
13.Neto
14.Pleiss
15.Withey

Of course we going to trade/cut some of those players, but you have to think we are going to sign a player or two in FA.

Johnson isn't under contract and I would assume under the circumstances that he won't be back. Mack has a team option that I would assume after last seasons performance would be picked up. I would be stunned if it isn't. And a trade has to be coming that moves several players out of here in return for draft picks and releasable players. There's no way we start the season with this many guards. I was upset that no move was made last night. After the moves we'll have a better understanding of where Bolomboy fits... I hope.

Just guessing but Bolomboy looks like he has the size, quickness, and athleticism to guard 4, maybe even all 5 positions.
That has to be a valuable player in todays NBA

This guy like Aminu? Bad at everything except playing hard and being athletic? Sign me up

Just guessing but Bolomboy looks like he has the size, quickness, and athleticism to guard 4, maybe even all 5 positions.
That has to be a valuable player in todays NBA

Problem is he's a bit mechanical and not all that smooth. Guards will beat him because he doesn't seem to have the greatest instincts for that kind of defense.

Bolomboy has a LOT he needs to learn and get better at. Shooting and feel for the game are the two biggest things. If he can learn those things, he can be good, but now he's going against the NBA game where he's average as an athlete yet completely inferior intelligence wise, so he's going to be eaten alive in his current state.

He can get there where he can play 25 minutes a game and be positive statistically. It's all on him since he doesn't have the excuse of being inferior athletically to the NBA game.

So.... let me reiterate.... How hard would it be to cut bait with Ingles or Pliess if the right deal came along??

Fair question. I'm not sure. Pleiss better be the guy though.

Last edited:
Fair question. I'm not sure. Pleiss better be the guy though.

it's fair + an easy answer. As long as the FO doesn't mind eating their small contracts, they can simply cut them. If they don't want to do that, then giving a 2nd round pick to a team in exchange for taking on their contracts wouldn't be too hard to do. I personally think that Pliess is going to show something this year; and Ingles can hit threes, so...

The bottom line is that the roster is flexible enough, even after we get the wing that we need.

Jody Genessy: Joel Bolomboy said he didn’t go party after being drafted like others. He went to bed at 1, woke up early and hit the gym the next morning. 5 hours ago – via Twitter DJJazzyJody

Jody Genessy: Joel Bolomboy said he didn’t go party after being drafted like others. He went to bed at 1, woke up early and hit the gym the next morning. 5 hours ago – via Twitter DJJazzyJody
Seems like there is something special, different, about JB. For all we talk about guys like Solomon Hill, etc, don't sleep on Bolomboy. He's got some Millsap in him - but ahead of Sap physically and shooting from distance at the same stage.

I hope Joel impresses in summer league so the coaches will say we don't need solomon hill. Yea I know hill is a 3 but he would take up a roster spot. I just don't want Solomon Hill
especially at the rumored price tag.