What's new

World Cup Thread

soc_a_spain11_576.jpg

Go Spain.

Spain is for steers and ******, and you certainly don't look like a steer.

I'm just excited that we're going to have two countries that haven't won the World Cup yet. One of these two countries is going to be shut down for a solid week following a win.

If Spain and Germany both play like they have been lately, Spain is going to get slapped around. Germany is on a tear. Spain needs to step it considerably.

Ouch, great prediction. Spain played the same game they've been playing all tournament, sans the Switzerland game. KEEP-A-WAY baby, such beautiful soccer

I know I rooted for the Dutch earlier, but that game pissed me off. Forlan is the goddamn man, hands down sweetest shot I've seen in the Cup.

Better than Giovanni Van Bronckhorst's? That goal was epic.

Spain gets its first WC trophy today after Fernando Torres scores his first goal in the tourney. Spain keeps a 60% possession rate.

you dont know much about footbal 60% possesion rate?

goodluck with that

ps obeezy sucks dont know why you have him as avatar. he aint a real n*****

Yeah, it was only 57%. You idiot, UB.

Actually it was 63%, although I can't figure out why Dutchjazzer implied that you knew nothing about soccer, I assume that he considered it implausible that Spain would possess the ball at a 60% clip. Considering that they did that and then some, I've come to the conclusion that DutchJazzer is not only an Idiot, but a soccer idiot as well. Good call DJ.

thoughts on the game: It seems to me that The Netherlands came in to the match with the same mindset as, say Germany, Paraguay and every other team unfortunate enough to play against la furia roja (save chile). This being: Defend, don't open up, always defend, why? because noone has the ability to match spain's otherworldly midfield. So that, plus the added wrinkle of physicality. Their purpose was obvious from the get-go, Muck the game up as much as possible, foul, foul, flop, foul. They knew they couldn't match Spain's skill and technicality, so they counter with Incessant and merciless fouling, which, it seems, worked in their favor.
Arjen Robben had what might've been the two best oppurtunites of the match. I'm sure, other than his comical inability to touch the ball with his right foot, he'll have alot to think about over the next four years. Ooh. Luckily, though, the better team won.