What's new

World Happiness report 2013

ema

Contributor
It's by UN so I don't know if it means much but here it is...

XYsd8Xz.png

Some interesting places here like Israel at 11, Mexico and Panama over US, US over France and Germany, Saudi Arabia over Spain and South Korea, Brazil looks quite high...

Turkey at 77 and the last ten are, Senegal at 147 and then Syria, Comoros, Guinea, Tanzania, Rwanda, Burundi, Central African Republic, Benin respectively and Togo at 156 as the unhappiest country in the world.

For the full report:
https://unsdsn.org/files/2013/09/WorldHappinessReport2013_online.pdf

Edit: The full list is on the page 22 in the pdf.

America is low because we are a bunch of spoiled, self-entitled, unappreciative bitches. We have so much but live our lives focusing on what we don't..
Truth.

I've gone on a few missions (couple weeks not years) and each to a very impoverished town of a foreign country. Each time I was going there to help.. and each time I got way more from the experience than I gave. The people, though very poor, very much appreciated what they did have, rather than lamenting what they don't.. and they were happy and closer with one another, by far, than Americans are.

America is low because we are a bunch of spoiled, self-entitled, unappreciative bitches. We have so much but live our lives focusing on what we don't..
Truth.

I've gone on a few missions (couple weeks not years) and each to a very impoverished town of a foreign country. Each time I was going there to help.. and each time I got way more from the experience than I gave. The people, though very poor, very much appreciated what they did have, rather than lamenting what they don't.. and they were happy and closer with one another, by far, than Americans are.

I thought it was because we have campaign managers that are beyond professional at bending the truth, and we really don't have a fair approach to judging our leadership anymore.

But we are kinda spoiled jerks. So you're right.

I don't lock our doors because of the low crime rate.
I sensed the sarcasm. Funny.
East St. Louis has the highest crime rate in the United States (according to the FBI's 100 most dangerous cities list). According to FBI's data of 2007, its murder rate hit 101.9 per population of 100,000, surpassing that of cities such as Gary, Indiana (48.3 per pop. 100,000); New Orleans, Louisiana (37.6); Baltimore, Maryland (43.3); and Detroit, Michigan (47.3); as well as that of its neighbor St. Louis (37.2). FBI data shows East St. Louis' rate of rape exceeded 250 per population of 100,000.

Yep.. like I said, residents of 3rd world countries are happier.

Come on now, USA Jr. is a 1 1/2 world country at worst.

Or is it best?

Tell me, I want to laugh too. I still don't get it. Isn't it still in the St. Louis area?

I have a reputation for not having much of a sense of humor, and it's true to the degree that my sense o f humor is different from most people in many ways.

O'Fallon is "in the St. Louis area", but it's a good 7 miles from East St. Louis, and there isn't a lot of threat overlap.

India @ 111th? Bwhahaha. The exact reason why whatever unlucky girl marries me is going to be forced to go to India on our honeymoon is that those guys are so outwardly happy despite some rough conditions. That's the thing that blows your mind about that place. They are 100 X more outwardly happy than any Western country I've been in. It'll be a great starting point lesson in...... whatever happens from this point on.....what excuse do we have not to be happy?

India @ 111th? Bwhahaha. The exact reason why whatever unlucky girl marries me is going to be forced to go to India on our honeymoon is that those guys are so outwardly happy despite some rough conditions. That's the thing that blows your mind about that place. They are 100 X more outwardly happy than any Western country I've been in. It'll be a great starting point lesson in...... whatever happens from this point on.....what excuse do we have not to be happy?

Yeah what with all the consequence-free gang rapes, what guy wouldn't be happy. After all, it's only the guys that matter in these things, especially in India. As long as the guys are happy, then it is a happy place. Gang-rapes and acid to the face with no consequences! Awesome! What a wonderful magical land!

Truth.

If you're not worth anything then you don't have to worry about losing anything. Living day to day brings a lot of excitement, drive, and most of all appreciation for the small things you look forward to enjoying. The ambition that goes along with having stuff is a two way sword, and tends to spoil our taste buds to the simplest joys. 30 year planning ruins a lot of good ****, but living in the here and now is frowned upon by the angry old white guy so we shouldn't do that, yolo.

I thought it was because we have campaign managers that are beyond professional at bending the truth, and we really don't have a fair approach to judging our leadership anymore.

But we are kinda spoiled jerks. So you're right.

It's no difference anywhere else in space or time. Look at Germany and France with the Euro debacle. Plenty of managing there too.