What's new

World travel

Where were you at? I keep coming across this picture of the Al Bustan Palace.

aerial-view-1-1.jpg
I googled this place and it pulls up Ritz Carlton, which is very close to where I was staying at in muscat. This looks a lot greener than anything I saw though. This is my hotel view.

8a1680fc534485177c4966aab72861cf

Why do I feel like this thread is taking the piss out of where I live?
Enjoy it while you’ve got it. It would take us a day and multiple thousands of dollars to watch that guy strut.

Anyone been to Nepal? It looks like I a moving there next. I dont know much about it, but I think ill enjoy it.
No, but I know a guy who went there to see an old girlfriend who owned a bar there.

Place was run down, entertainment was seeing who could drink the most without passing out. Snow everywhere.

On his first night there a bunch of thugs broke in, attempting to steal some jewelry from the guy's ex and assault her with a fire poker. A gunfight ensued, and the bar ended up burning down, forcing my friend to take his ex along with him on his travels.

Good luck, and hope you don't have an ex-girlfriend there...

No, but I know a guy who went there to see an old girlfriend who owned a bar there.

Place was run down, entertainment was seeing who could drink the most without passing out. Snow everywhere.

On his first night there a bunch of thugs broke in, attempting to steal some jewelry from the guy's ex and assault her with a fire poker. A gunfight ensued, and the bar ended up burning down, forcing my friend to take his ex along with him on his travels.

Good luck, and hope you don't have an ex-girlfriend there...
Okay! Sounds like I'll like it even more!