What's new

Worst Move? Drafting Hayward over George or Burks over Leonard?

Was drafting Hakeem over Jordan as large of a mistake as drafting Bowie over Jordan?

It's not always a catastrophe if you don't get the best player in the draft as long as you get a good player who brings you success. George and Leonard are very good but I have yet to see any evidence Ty Corbin would've given them the minutes and roles they currently have had they been drafted by the Jazz.

The Jazz have made alot of mistakes over the years. At this point, drafting Hayward and Burks is not one of them.

Neither would have been a better choice. Both George and Leonard would be rotting away on the Jazz bench so guys like Foye and Marvin Williams can get theirs, as long as the current clueless HC is still around.

Actually I change my mind. I take George. He's a freak.

295186.jpg

- Only Post .jpg's

Burks hasn't even been given a chance to play .. Hayward did this year and were just starting to see what he can do ... he will only get better

Juat imagine a Hayward/George combo, With those two as our wings, we'd be so freakin good.

Was drafting Hakeem over Jordan as large of a mistake as drafting Bowie over Jordan?

It's not always a catastrophe if you don't get the best player in the draft as long as you get a good player who brings you success. George and Leonard are very good but I have yet to see any evidence Ty Corbin would've given them the minutes and roles they currently have had they been drafted by the Jazz.

The Jazz have made alot of mistakes over the years. At this point, drafting Hayward and Burks is not one of them.

Would rep you for your sig if i could.

I think the jury is definitely still out on Burks/Leonard. It looks like George will end up a notch above Hayward, but overall I can't be too disappointed with the picks at this point. A George/Leonard/Favors/Kanter lineup would be fierce, though.

Wasn't Klay Thompson picked right before Burks? A Klay/George tandem would be intriguing as well (or a Klay/Hayward one, for that matter).

I am happy with who the Jazz drafted. I think they will be great assets to the team if they are given the chance.

Burks> Leonard and that's not really tough for me. I think Burks will have a better career..

Hayward> George , but that is tough. I'm just Happy with Hayward because he is really good too. Maybe not as good as George but he is a bad *** in his own right. I like watching a corny *** looking white dude chasing down people and blocking them from behind, Lebron style. I like that he is a lock down defender too. He is a very underrated defender in my opinion.

I wanted George at the draft but I am very happy with Hayward now.

I agree with you, but I question my belief in Hayward over George. Kind of like how when Deron was on the Jazz, I always said he was better than CP3, and didn't even question it. But then when Deron started sucking, and we traded him, I realized that he is not in the same class as CP3. At least in flopping anyway... dirty flopping bitch Chris Paul.

Anyway, I am sure George is probably a little better player, but Hayward is great, and works on this team. If George got most improved player this year, Hayward will get it next year. Hayward will be an all star for sure. Also, there is no way in hell we could have ever known that Paul George would suddenly grow like 5 inches after the draft.

I wanted Leonard over Burks.

I didn't know enough about George to make an informed decision about him vs Hayward.

https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/l/leonaka01.html

Based on his last two seasons Leonard is an slightly above average SF who is a good defender.

I think it is clear Leonard is the superior defender and Burks the superior offensive player.

Remember when there was that rumor that the Jazz were going to trade Al Jefferson for Splitter and leonard? Yeah, that would have been awesome. We could have had a lineup for this coming year of:

Burks, Hayward, Leonard, Kanter, Favors, with Splitter and DMC coming off the bench. I would Jazz everywhere.

Watching these playoffs got me thinking....

Imagine these true "studs" as our starting wings. George is athletic enough to handle SG duties.

Our Core 4 would have true Championship potential, as it stands now , we'll need Favors and Kanter to be absolutely unstoppable to even sniff the Finals

it would not have mattered.
cus then gordon and burks would be getting minutes.
while george and leanord would sit in favor of josh howard, raja bell, marvin williams and foye

Lets be honest here, at this point it is not close, George and especially Leonard are better then Hayward and Burks. But there is always hope that our players will catch up. I am not so positive about Hayward ever becoming an ALL-star or team leader, but he will be reliable player aka perfect 3d complimentary option to two superstars. Now the question is where do we get those two superstars?

Lets be honest here, at this point it is not close, George and especially Leonard are better then Hayward and Burks. But there is always hope that our players will catch up. I am not so positive about Hayward ever becoming an ALL-star or team leader, but he will be reliable player aka perfect 3d complimentary option to two superstars. Now the question is where do we get those two superstars?

Have you looked at Hayward's per 36 numbers compared to Paul George's? They are almost identical, aside from rebounding. If we didn't have an idiot for a coach, Hayward would be the all star and most improved player this year.

How can we even judge them?

Both those other players have started and played major minutes. Hayward? Has come off the bench for a lot of his career and has played behind jokes like josh Howard and Marvin Williams. Burks? Has more DNPs than games played.

Where would George and Leonard be today if they had spent their careers playing behind josh Howard, raja bell, Marvin Williams, and randy foye?

How can we even judge them?

Both those other players have started and played major minutes. Hayward? Has come off the bench for a lot of his career and has played behind jokes like josh Howard and Marvin Williams. Burks? Has more DNPs than games played.

Where would George and Leonard be today if they had spent their careers playing behind josh Howard, raja bell, Marvin Williams, and randy foye?

Truth be told, and why go out and sign Randy Foye in the first place? Shoulda started the Point God a long time ago.