What's new

Would it be good for the Jazz to win on Saturday?

I kind of just hope we flame out completely. Everything at this point is fool's gold, so it's just extending out the pain. Sure it would be fun to have a nice run to end this series and move forward, but we will just get pounded in the 2nd round. The odds are astronomical that we have any kind of a deep run this year. We are so obviously broken it isn't funny, and I see no way this gets repaired in time to salvage much of anything from this playoffs. Mitchell seems disinterested in anything, Gobert is playing like he is walking in mud, the starters in general are playing like they just don't give a ****, outside of I would say Bogey who is the only started showing any kind of fire, but of course we can't or won't go to him when the matchup is favorable.

Mitchell, imhfo, is fully into diva-ball. I suspect this is the beginning of the end for him, as he is far enough into his career that this is just kind of who he is, it isn't changing. He has fully embraced the spirit of AI with a lower talent level and drive.

I believe what we are seeing with Gobert is just the overall frustration with the situation, one of those things you get from good employees who work hard but management doesn't hold anyone else accountable, so eventually even the really great employees start slacking off. If they won't work, neither will I, kind of thing. I think he is just frustrated for being the only guy to carry everyone on defense and he is sick of it, so he is checking out.

I hope we trade everyone this off-season except Gobert, House, Paschall, Butler, Clarkson, Juancho and find a way to hold onto Whiteside. With Mitchell, Royce, Conley, Gay, Bogey we could get a decent haul and retool without exploding. Imagine a Trey Young kind of player feeding Rudy, or something like that. Add a PG that will involve the team, and can play D, and surround the rest of 3&D wings with some attitude and we could take this back up next year.

I could get behind trading Gobert if we can hold onto Whiteside at least as a stop-gap. He has been a breath of fresh air this year, despite his being an off and on again air-head. But frankly we are getting a LOT more for Mitchell than we would for Gobert. Mitchell we could get plus assets, Gobert we will be lucky to break even, and likely we will take back less in terms of assets and players as his skill set is so specialized no one values it the way they will Mitchell. If we are keeping one, it should be Gobert.

And drop Quin. He has completely lost the team. His system is good for regular season wins, terrible for playoff ball, and he is clueless as to what to do about it. I don't even think it is just rigidity, I really think he doesn't know what to do when the other team makes changes or adjustments. Look at him on the sideline and in huddles, where he just kind of throws out platitudes and doesn't drive with any fire or give any answers. Seriously every time he is "mic'ed up" it seems all he ever says is "everything is fine, this is all fine, do it harder, play better". The coach that screamed "wake up" at his team isn't there any more. And as soon as his team decides to take it into their own hands, they are completely lost. No creativity, no effort to share the ball, no ****ing clue how to involve the guy with an NBA-record high FG% of all time. Heaven forbid we learn how to get him involved. Nope, hero ball makes a lot more sense, because, you know, Rudy sucks on offense and Mitchell shooting 17% in the 4th quarters is way more effective than trying to give Rudy the ball anywhere he can do something with it. Buncha ****ing morons with that thought. And heaven forbid Quin teach them how to do just that. Good coaches devise schemes to get their best players involved, period.

Really I don't think Quin is the genius savant everyone thought he was. He is just an ordinary guy who is a middling NBA coach. His system is good enough that when everyone buys in, we can rack up the wins, but it relies so entirely on perfect execution that as soon as players stray or lose focus it just plain collapses, or if the other team gives them a look they aren't ready for, it all falls apart. And I do not mean just on one end of the floor, as a coach he needs to be preparing his team to play both offense AND defense, and it is obvious he is relying on "funnel to Rudy" to suffice as a defense, and he has focused nearly entirely on his offensive system.

For a guy that was supposedly a defensive-minded coach, his defensive chops are basically non-existent. He does nothing to instill that in his team, and when they play any other defensive scheme except straight man-to-man they seem lost and confused. Heaven forbid we learn how to work a basic zone defense. Let alone switching, holy **** don't get us started on switching. You would think their heads are going to explode trying to figure that out. Quin just has not given them the tools to compete on the defensive end, and he hasn't devised a system to minimize their weaknesses. That is what a good coach does. Instead Quin just says "funnel everyone to Rudy", then when they are just standing there watching their guys run at Rudy en masse they say "see, Rudy isn't a good defender". And this is all on Quin. I would be surprised to see him land anywhere big or see much success after this. Other teams see what the coach is doing, and it is obvious he has no clue and has lost the team. Why would another team want that?

I kind of just hope we flame out completely. Everything at this point is fool's gold, so it's just extending out the pain. Sure it would be fun to have a nice run to end this series and move forward, but we will just get pounded in the 2nd round. The odds are astronomical that we have any kind of a deep run this year. We are so obviously broken it isn't funny, and I see no way this gets repaired in time to salvage much of anything from this playoffs. Mitchell seems disinterested in anything, Gobert is playing like he is walking in mud, the starters in general are playing like they just don't give a ****, outside of I would say Bogey who is the only started showing any kind of fire, but of course we can't or won't go to him when the matchup is favorable.

Mitchell, imhfo, is fully into diva-ball. I suspect this is the beginning of the end for him, as he is far enough into his career that this is just kind of who he is, it isn't changing. He has fully embraced the spirit of AI with a lower talent level and drive.

I believe what we are seeing with Gobert is just the overall frustration with the situation, one of those things you get from good employees who work hard but management doesn't hold anyone else accountable, so eventually even the really great employees start slacking off. If they won't work, neither will I, kind of thing. I think he is just frustrated for being the only guy to carry everyone on defense and he is sick of it, so he is checking out.

I hope we trade everyone this off-season except Gobert, House, Paschall, Butler, Clarkson, Juancho and find a way to hold onto Whiteside. With Mitchell, Royce, Conley, Gay, Bogey we could get a decent haul and retool without exploding. Imagine a Trey Young kind of player feeding Rudy, or something like that. Add a PG that will involve the team, and can play D, and surround the rest of 3&D wings with some attitude and we could take this back up next year.

I could get behind trading Gobert if we can hold onto Whiteside at least as a stop-gap. He has been a breath of fresh air this year, despite his being an off and on again air-head. But frankly we are getting a LOT more for Mitchell than we would for Gobert. Mitchell we could get plus assets, Gobert we will be lucky to break even, and likely we will take back less in terms of assets and players as his skill set is so specialized no one values it the way they will Mitchell. If we are keeping one, it should be Gobert.

And drop Quin. He has completely lost the team. His system is good for regular season wins, terrible for playoff ball, and he is clueless as to what to do about it. I don't even think it is just rigidity, I really think he doesn't know what to do when the other team makes changes or adjustments. Look at him on the sideline and in huddles, where he just kind of throws out platitudes and doesn't drive with any fire or give any answers. Seriously every time he is "mic'ed up" it seems all he ever says is "everything is fine, this is all fine, do it harder, play better". The coach that screamed "wake up" at his team isn't there any more. And as soon as his team decides to take it into their own hands, they are completely lost. No creativity, no effort to share the ball, no ****ing clue how to involve the guy with an NBA-record high FG% of all time. Heaven forbid we learn how to get him involved. Nope, hero ball makes a lot more sense, because, you know, Rudy sucks on offense and Mitchell shooting 17% in the 4th quarters is way more effective than trying to give Rudy the ball anywhere he can do something with it. Buncha ****ing morons with that thought. And heaven forbid Quin teach them how to do just that. Good coaches devise schemes to get their best players involved, period.

Really I don't think Quin is the genius savant everyone thought he was. He is just an ordinary guy who is a middling NBA coach. His system is good enough that when everyone buys in, we can rack up the wins, but it relies so entirely on perfect execution that as soon as players stray or lose focus it just plain collapses, or if the other team gives them a look they aren't ready for, it all falls apart. And I do not mean just on one end of the floor, as a coach he needs to be preparing his team to play both offense AND defense, and it is obvious he is relying on "funnel to Rudy" to suffice as a defense, and he has focused nearly entirely on his offensive system.

For a guy that was supposedly a defensive-minded coach, his defensive chops are basically non-existent. He does nothing to instill that in his team, and when they play any other defensive scheme except straight man-to-man they seem lost and confused. Heaven forbid we learn how to work a basic zone defense. Let alone switching, holy **** don't get us started on switching. You would think their heads are going to explode trying to figure that out. Quin just has not given them the tools to compete on the defensive end, and he hasn't devised a system to minimize their weaknesses. That is what a good coach does. Instead Quin just says "funnel everyone to Rudy", then when they are just standing there watching their guys run at Rudy en masse they say "see, Rudy isn't a good defender". And this is all on Quin. I would be surprised to see him land anywhere big or see much success after this. Other teams see what the coach is doing, and it is obvious he has no clue and has lost the team. Why would another team want that?
I was willing to give the benefit of the doubt after the Denver series and would have thought for sure everyone learned their lesson after blowing not just a 3-1 lead, but also a 17-point 3rd quarter lead in a blow-put game. We did better the next year, but continually did not show up in big moments or when we went head-to-head down the stretch against teams competing with us for #1. LAC wasn’t just lightening striking twice. If you didn’t learn your lesson the previous year, you don’t get anymore slack. There’s literally nothing from an entire 82 games that we can point to to show that we were more focused, that we were hungry, that we were working our our weaknesses, that we were mentally ready, or that we had a coach who had any clue why we collapsed the previous two years. Instead of acknowledging any of that or showing any evidence that we were working on it or improving or covering weaknesses, we got platitudes about how we’ll somehow just magically turn it on when it’s playoff time.

Players have many faults and there are weaknesses in overall personnel, but none of that could explain what we’re seeing. None of those weaknesses are sufficient to get these results. This is about the collective psychology and the man charged with that has literally done nothing. I complained about this ad nauseam that he believes he thinks our poor results are outliers and he just wants another roll of the dice. I bet he still thinks he just got an unlikely roll. Bring him back next year and there will be no adjustments.

The reality is that we have four poor on ball defenders as starters. We’ve invested everything in shooting three pointers at the expense of defense with the philosophy that we will just score more points than you.

Dallas didn’t run a play last night in the 4th. Not a one. They ISO’D everyone because they knew we couldn’t do anything against them. We are too small and have no heart.

The entire foundation needs to go and we need to accept that. This team doesn’t like each other and only Ainge can save us.

For a guy that was supposedly a defensive-minded coach, his defensive chops are basically non-existent. He does nothing to instill that in his team, and when they play any other defensive scheme except straight man-to-man they seem lost and confused. Heaven forbid we learn how to work a basic zone defense. Let alone switching, holy **** don't get us started on switching. You would think their heads are going to explode trying to figure that out. Quin just has not given them the tools to compete on the defensive end, and he hasn't devised a system to minimize their weaknesses. That is what a good coach does. Instead Quin just says "funnel everyone to Rudy", then when they are just standing there watching their guys run at Rudy en masse they say "see, Rudy isn't a good defender". And this is all on Quin.
I've been a staunch Quin supporter for awhile, but, well, yeah. It seems like the only success we've ever had on defense in his whole tenure is basically just relying on Gobert to do everything. When Gobert misses games we're consistently a bottom 5 defense. When teams get Gobert out of the paint, records are set.

You can blame personnel on lack of defensive talent, but you can't blame personnel when players are constantly clueless as to where they are supposed to be on defense, constantly lost on where/when/who to rotate, etc... That's just poor coaching.

I'll be mildly happy if we win and mildly upset if we lose with a hint of relief that this season is almost over.
Im pretty close to this point right now. This series is killing little by little. Not too mention that im getting 70 hours at work this week. My birthday is next week and, **** it, Im going fishing. Maybe it will be ice off at strawberry and I can take the dog, kid, and wife up and catch some big cutts

I just can't root for the Jazz to lose. I hope they turn it around. It's just hard to have any faith they will.
By nature faith is not logical. Just have it. No rational string attached.
Besides, who wants a tiny emotional fan bump... if it goes wrong let it be a darn fist straight to the plexus ;)

C`mon people, I want them to win the series and make us eat our fan crap.
I'd enjoy my spoon full of it watered with some good spirit.
Yeah. I always root for the Jazz to win, but I feel really let down atm. I feel like this is a team that is putting personal issues above winning. I feel like this is a team that isn't a team hardly at all.

I feel stomped on by a team that should be so much better than these guys have been. Like I've seen others say, as fans we've always cheered effort, but very few of us are cheering right now. This is a team that either thinks it deserves to win despite effort or it's a team that doesn't really care about winning more than achieving their own individual (possibly petty) agenda.

Yeah. I always root for the Jazz to win, but I feel really let down atm. I feel like this is a team that is putting personal issues above winning. I feel like this is a team that isn't a team hardly at all.

I feel stomped on by a team that should be so much better than these guys have been. Like I've seen others say, as fans we've always cheered effort, but very few of us are cheering right now. This is a team that either thinks it deserves to win despite effort or it's a team that doesn't really care about winning more than achieving their own individual (possibly petty) agenda.
Yeah they might be messing up with personal stuff, hell they most probably are. And sure some guys might got petty agendas or they simply are petty dudes and full of swag et all...
And that reminds me they are just human as ****ers as any of us, so I feel more easily related to them!
I wish for them to fight thru all that human little $hit.

Didn’t watch yesterday.

So, if we end up losing in 6 or 7, was it a good thing we won yesterday?

The FO could point to the Rudy-Don connection at the end of game 4 as justification to run it back for another season of frustration.

I honestly don’t know…