What's new

Would Jazz fans want Bynum

margodydek

Looks like LA and ORL are looking for a 3rd team to faciliate a Howard trade. Assuming Bynum signs an extension here (let's assume), would you trade Al+Paul+scraps+GS pick for Bynum+scraps?

I wouldn't do it. If Bynum acts like a knucklehead under a veteran head coach, what would his behavior be like under Ty?

Hell yeah. That wouldnt be enough to get it done though.

Theoretically we'd have to take back some bad contracts (see Turkoglu, Hedo), but the offer that people are currently talking about is the Cavs would send Varejao and picks. Jazz can offer a much better package than that. Or if they (ORL) want a young big, I'd be willing to swap Paul for Kanter to get it done.

I don't think Bynum is going to live up to his potential. I especially think that if he came here unwillingly he'd pout and end up sabotaging our chances.

I may be biased because I don't like him anyway and the fact that he is currently a Laker doesn't help his case with me at all.

I'm not sure I'd trade all that. But Gawd, a Bynum/Favors frontcourt would be insane.

If you look at these contracts that are being given out, you have to think that unless we extend either Paul or Al, there's a good chance we could lose one or both of them for nothing (a la Jeremy Lin), so I wouldn't mind KOC jumping the gun and assuring we get something.

It'd be enticing, that's for sure. I'd have to give it a lot of thought, though. How much time do I have before I have to make a decision?

What happened to Cleveland? I thought they were involved with this. I am not sure about Bynum, he seems to have a bad attitude and his knees are a big worry. I wouldn't give the GS pick because of his injury history. I would only do it if Millsap is refusing to go to the bench. I would also have to factor in what Millsap is asking $$$ for an extension.

If you look at these contracts that are being given out, you have to think that unless we extend either Paul or Al, there's a good chance we could lose one or both of them for nothing (a la Jeremy Lin), so I wouldn't mind KOC jumping the gun and assuring we get something.

Sure, in your hypothetical situation, this may be true. But back in the real world, KOC realizes that Bynum's a pain in the butt who likely wouldn't re-sign.

Sure, in your hypothetical situation, this may be true. But back in the real world, KOC realizes that Bynum's a pain in the butt who likely wouldn't re-sign.

Well obviously in my hypothetical situation this deal doesn't go down unless Bynum agrees to sign the extension beforehand, which I thought I explained in the OP.

It'd be enticing, that's for sure. I'd have to give it a lot of thought, though. How much time do I have before I have to make a decision?

Kupchak and Hennigan conference call you and say, "we got CLE on the other line, we'll give you 30 minutes to talk to Gail/Greg/Heavenly Father, and if we haven't heard from you by then, Dwight's going to LA and Bynum's going to CLE"

Theoretically we'd have to take back some bad contracts (see Turkoglu, Hedo), but the offer that people are currently talking about is the Cavs would send Varejao and picks. Jazz can offer a much better package than that. Or if they (ORL) want a young big, I'd be willing to swap Paul for Kanter to get it done.

Hadn't seen that yet. Just checked RealGM now. I realize Bynum is a punk but it seems weird ORL would rather have picks and Vareajo than Bynum.

Kupchak and Hennigan conference call you and say, "we got CLE on the other line, we'll give you 30 minutes to talk to Gail/Greg/Heavenly Father, and if we haven't heard from you by then, Dwight's going to LA and Bynum's going to CLE"

DEAL! We've got a deal! Take what you wiil, give us BYNBUM!

There is obviously no way Bynum would agree to an extension before the trade. Knowing that, what would you give up for him to gamble that he would re-sign? Or maybe people dont want him in general.