What's new

Would you do this trade with Washington?

Would you trade #3 to Washington for #6 and #18?

• Yes

Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Yes, only if Raja is inclcuded

Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Nope

Votes: 19 76.0%

• Total voters

Golfman

Here's my trade idea

Utah trades #3 (and maybe Raja smell along with it)

Washington trades #6 and #18

I would only do this trade if we were planning on drafting a PG with our 3rd pick. Sliding down to 6 still pretty much guarantees us Brandon Knight, Kemba Walker, or Jimmer. And to be honest, it's almost a coin flip between these 3 who ends up better down the road, especially between Knight and Walker. And I, an avid Utah fan, am warming up to the idea of Jimmer. I think he'll be better defensively than people think, although he was admittedly atrocious in college.

If KOC wants to draft Kanter at #3, I would NOT do this trade. I think the drop off after 3 is huge, except in the PG department.

Why would Washington do this? If the are interested in Kanter, they'd do it. They have no need for a PG, and at #6 the best player available will probably be a PG or a Euro.

You have to get more than that. Somebody is really going to want whoever is there at #3, weather it's Kanter, Williams or Irving. If Valenciunas withdraws tomorrow Kanter's value will become even more inflated.

Not really being sold on Kanter or Williams I'd sell to the highest bidder among 4-7.

The #18 pick in a weak draft really isn't incentive to drop three picks. Jazz are getting hosed in value here.

Let me ask you this. If someone said we'll give you the 18th pick, but you don't get to choose between Kemba and Knight, would you do it? I sure would.

And I'll repeat, I'd only do this if we were looking for a PG with our first pick.

And the #18 pick won't be terrible. Fords latest mock draft has Marshon Brooks at #18.

I would take a combination of Knight/Walker and Brooks over just getting to pick between Knight and Walker.

They'd have to include pick 34 as well.
This would mean Jazz give up Kanter but can pickup either Valanciunas or Bismack (@6) + Fredette @ 12 + Jeremy Tyler (@18) + Jimmy Butler @ 34.

I don't know if I'd do it, but the 34th pick would have to be included before I'd consider it. If they threw in their 2012 pick unprotected then yeah I probably would.

You have to get more than that. Somebody is really going to want whoever is there at #3, weather it's Kanter, Williams or Irving. If Valenciunas withdraws tomorrow Kanter's value will become even more inflated.

Not really being sold on Kanter or Williams I'd sell to the highest bidder among 4-7.

Who is going to give us more than #6 and #18? The Jazz got the #3 pick when we picked Deron and we gave Portland #6, #27, and #30.

Seems fair and realistic, more so than the majority of unrealistic trades I see on this forum.

They'd have to include pick 34 as well.
This would mean Jazz give up Kanter but can pickup either Valanciunas or Bismack (@6) + Fredette @ 12 + Jeremy Tyler (@18) + Jimmy Butler @ 34.

I don't know if I'd do it, but the 34th pick would have to be included before I'd consider it. If they threw in their 2012 pick unprotected then yeah I probably would.

That's actually a good point. Throwing in 34 would sweeten the deal. But I don't think they would bite. That's more than we gave up to Portland to get Deron and move up from 6 to 3.

i would do the trade only if we package ante tomic,raja bell or cj miles if not it's not worth it...this is the one time team were utah could draft players for the defense help we need to come off the bench we have players that can score but we lack mostly in defense

Let me ask you this. If someone said we'll give you the 18th pick, but you don't get to choose between Kemba and Knight, would you do it? I sure would.

And I'll repeat, I'd only do this if we were looking for a PG with our first pick.

And the #18 pick won't be terrible. Fords latest mock draft has Marshon Brooks at #18.

I would take a combination of Knight/Walker and Brooks over just getting to pick between Knight and Walker.

I'm high on Knight and low on Walker. You tell me?

I also don't know why you'd be looking specifically for a point guard when you have a lottery pick like the Jazz do. You go BPA. #18 is bad value. Simple as that. If that's all they're going to offer, I keep #3.

On draft night, if Irving and Williams are taken by Cleveland and Minesota, and Jazz management are not totally sold on Knight/Kanter then this trade is maybe worth a look....
With sixth pick Biyombo is option, maybe JV slides because of buyout or Walker will still be there...
Then take Jimmer (if Jazz draft center with previous pick) or wing player...
With the last pick, there were talk about some interesting PGs (asuming that Jazz did not select one of them earlier) or my countrymen Nikola Vucevic:eek::eek:...

I'm high on Knight and low on Walker. You tell me?

I also don't know why you'd be looking specifically for a point guard when you have a lottery pick like the Jazz do. You go BPA. #18 is bad value. Simple as that. If that's all they're going to offer, I keep #3.

If I were high on Knight and low on Walker, I wouldn't do this trade. I'm not completely sold that Knight > Walker, so I would look at this trade. If somebody said you can have Walker and Marshon Brooks, or Brandon Knight, I would take Walker and Marshon Brooks.