What's new

Would you do this trade?

montanajazz

Would you trade Paul Millsap for OJ Mayo?

Kinda a tough choice for me if Paul will be our energy guy long term. I think it would benefit us now but probably hurt long term if Burks pans out.

No, I want to keep Paul on my team. Mayo isn't going to be a star player which is what I want if I'm trading Paul. However, Jefferson is going to be a good trade piece for us. Favors and Kanter are going to be our starting lineup of the feature (Paul coming off the bench). We need a true PG with this team.

Would you trade Paul Millsap for OJ Mayo?

Kinda a tough choice for me if Paul will be our energy guy long term. I think it would benefit us now but probably hurt long term if Burks pans out.

Why in the world are people so willing to give up the heart an soul of this team. I wouldn't trade Millsap for anything but a major all star, such as a resigned D Howard.

Millsap retains the old Jazz identity of playing tough and having a strong attitude under coach Sloan. If we were to trade Milsap, who is left from the Jazz 2+ years ago? Bell? Miles? <<<<<<<<<<The two players that everyone hates the most.

Millsap is starting smarty pants.
Yes, I know he is starting RIGHT NOW. But it's apparent the long-term plan of the Jazz is for Favors to be the starter. They gave him that chance the first two games of the season. I think it's a safe bet that if Favors doesn't take back the starting role sometime this year, he'll certainly be the starter next season.

So to keep Millsap happy, do the Jazz trade Jefferson and start Favors at C with Paul at PF? I hope not.

So Millsap for 60 games of OJ Mayo?

I kind of like Mayo. He got benched in Memphis because Tony Allen is a top shelf 2 defender with PG ball handling skills. They also want to make sure Gay boy gets his 40 shots a game. Even still, Mayo would start for a lot of teams.

But he is an RFA after this season and his Q/O is pretty high - 7+mil. With Burks looking like stud and Hayward looking more and more each day like a 2 rather than a 3, I don't know if that's the direction you want to go in.