What's new

Would you guys do this?

Justys

Rumor has it that New York wants Jimmer, So if Jimmer is there at 12 would you be ok if the Jazz pick him and packaged him to New York for Fields and the 17th pickk? Just wondering what you guys think? The Jazz could still end up with Singleton or Reggie Jackson.

I would do that in a second. But there is no way NY does. Fields was a first team all rookie player and the value from 12 to 17 isn't all that different IMO. Jackson could end up being quite a bit better than Jimmer in the long run. This would be a home run for the Jazz if they could pull it off.

No to Fields. He had a good start to the season, but then seemed to tail off. Is he a success because of the fast paced system along with inflated rebounding numbers due to lack of rebounders on team?

No to Fields. He had a good start to the season, but then seemed to tail off. Is he a success because of the fast paced system along with inflated rebounding numbers due to lack of rebounders on team?

Beat me to it. He was much more successful before the Melo trade. We practically have a guy very similar to him but a lot better in Hayward

Rumor has it that New York wants Jimmer, So if Jimmer is there at 12 would you be ok if the Jazz pick him and packaged him to New York for Fields and the 17th pickk? Just wondering what you guys think? The Jazz could still end up with Singleton or Reggie Jackson.
Fields struggled after the Melo trade - but don't forget NY also flat-out refused to include him in the Melo deal. I think they value him too much to use him to get Jimmer.

Fields struggled after the Melo trade - but don't forget NY also flat-out refused to include him in the Melo deal. I think they value him too much to use him to get Jimmer.

Not only did they flat out refuse to include him but in a world in which they had to include two of their three wing players they decided he was more valuable than Gallinari AND Wilson Chandler. That seems kind of crazy to me, but that's how much they've signalled that they like him.

You guys are crazy. Fields has already proven himself. How great would it be if the Jazz could see the projected draftees play a year in the league before they had to make a decision? I'd take the no risk pick over the high risk with a slightly better ceiling pick. And the 17 included? Faried/Brooks + Fields >>> Jimmer. No question.

I love me some Jimmer too btw.

The article was Fields and the 17th pick for Jimmer. And if thats on the table I would take it but 12 for Fields no deal.

Yea I would take the deal if the 17 was included. There are some decent bench players around 17, like Singleton, Brooks, Jackson, Tyler, Honeycutt, Malcom Lee, etc. Fields struggle because Amare and Carmelo need to get their shots. When the knicks were playing team ball he was the surprise of the draft. I would rather have him than CJ playing the SG. He is smart and a team player. This would also allow the Jazz to trade CJ for a high 2nd and pick up Mack or Jimmy Butler.