Would you support...

Yes or No

• Yes

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • No

Votes: 4 80.0%

• Total voters

NAOS

... widening the court, and then extending the three-point line?

I'm growing pretty tired of offensive schemes that are structured around:

1. driving to the basket for a bucket and/or foul (it's too easy to get the latter)
2. shooting the 3-pnt shot in volume

I was talking about this the other day with someone in the context of a broader discussion about the evolution of the NBA game versus the NFL game during our lifetime. We both agreed that the development of the NFL's product has kicked the *** of the NBA's.

THOUGHTS?

Last edited:
....a 2 year lockout by the owners until player salaries are cut in half.....and guaranteed contracts are a thing of the past? ABSOLUTELY!!! By the way, anyone catch that Hawks/Heat game last night? The combined for 14-61 shooting from 3 point land! NBA basketball? Fantastic!

Not but one rule they could change is giving each player an additional foul. Too many games are lost to losing their best players to trivial fouls and thus being forced to the bench.

I'd support abolishment of the "MJ" rule. I hate it when the so-called superstars of the league get special treatment, especially in the last 6 minutes of the 4th quarter. And how about a return to the good old days when you could actually touch a player without getting a ticky-tack foul called? I'm not saying go back to the thuggery of the old Pistons, but just some good hard basketball. BBall IS a contact sport. Players should be able to compete a bit, not have play stopped because someone is barely touched on a weak drive to the hoop. Of course, if the league did that, AK would need to immediately retire. I guess what drives me the craziest is just the inconsistency of the calls. On one play, you'll see an "And1" or 2-shot foul called on the slightest of contact. A few plays laters someone will get kncoked to the floor and no foul is called. WTF!?

Not but one rule they could change is giving each player an additional foul. Too many games are lost to losing their best players to trivial fouls and thus being forced to the bench.

Stop calling the trivial fouls. How many hand-check fouls (gag) would there have been in the 70's or 80's? Obscene.

I'd support abolishment of the "MJ" rule. I hate it when the so-called superstars of the league get special treatment, especially in the last 6 minutes of the 4th quarter. And how about a return to the good old days when you could actually touch a player without getting a ticky-tack foul called? I'm not saying go back to the thuggery of the old Pistons, but just some good hard basketball. BBall IS a contact sport. Players should be able to compete a bit, not have play stopped because someone is barely touched on a weak drive to the hoop. Of course, if the league did that, AK would need to immediately retire. I guess what drives me the craziest is just the inconsistency of the calls. On one play, you'll see an "And1" or 2-shot foul called on the slightest of contact. A few plays laters someone will get kncoked to the floor and no foul is called. WTF!?

Other than the hand-check foul, which I hate, I despise the low-post rules even more. When you watch an offensive player in essence forcing his way into the post, and then the defensive player lightly touches the offensive players waist with <<gasp>> an open hand instead of a forearm, and the whistle blows. Give me a break.

This! The weak *** calls and superstar treatment in the NBA is a freakin joke. Call the game the same no matter who has the damn ball. Also it's not a foul just because some dumb *** player breaks his neck trying to draw a freakin foul. A lot of the players in the NBA are trying to turn it into the WWE.

This! The weak *** calls and superstar treatment in the NBA is a freakin joke. Call the game the same no matter who has the damn ball. Also it's not a foul just because some dumb *** player breaks his neck trying to draw a freakin foul. A lot of the players in the NBA are trying to turn it into the WWE.

I would support this as well...

... widening the court, and then extending the three-point line?

I'm growing pretty tired of offensive schemes that are structured around:

1. driving to the basket for a bucket and/or foul (it's too easy to get the latter)
2. shooting the 3-pnt shot in volume

I was talking about this the other day with someone in the context of a broader discussion about the evolution of the NBA game versus the NFL game during our lifetime. We both agreed that the development of the NFL's product has kicked the *** of the NBA's.

THOUGHTS?

Widen the cour Really?

You are so brilliant. NBA should hire you.