What's new

Would you trade for Draymond?

infection

Staff member
2018 Award Winner
2019 Award Winner
2022 Award Winner
With the implosion of the Warriors, and Draymond on a new deal that runs through 2024 (player option), would you move for him, in a hypothetical sense? I was surprised to learn he's only making $18.5M this year. That's a long contract. I have no idea what his value is on the open market, or if GSW sees this as problematic.

However, as hated as this guy is here, and for as big of a douche as he is, would you move for him if it meant parting with some future assets (we're limited, I know) and contract matching with Exum, Bradley, and Davis? Would he spoil the feel-goodz? Or would he put us over the top?

I wonder if he’s half-washed. Or more.

I can see a scenario where he fits really well. But I can’t imagine we have the right combination of assets to get it done and keep what we need to keep.

(This’ll be the 1000th time we could wonder about if Exum had positive trade value)

Tough one.
I hate Draymond but he could take us up another level.
Our starting 5 would all be all star caliber players.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

100% yes but I doubt Utah has the assets and I think he is a warrior for life. I could see the Pistons offering a nice package for him that includes Blake or Drummond

Could be like a Chicago bringing in Rodman type of move. But I don't think we have the assets to do it and he'd have to be happy as a primary bench player.

If Draymond wasn't a total idiot I might consider it. But he's an idiot and a nasty person. If GS wants to move Green I'm sure there would be some interested teams but I don't think our GM would consider rocking the nice guy equilibrium we have.

Here's my take:

All our guys are good guys. No chemistry issues. So that's what's really at stake here. Every concern we have about the roster is essentially filled by Draymond. Rebounding from the 4 spot? Check. A body to throw at Kawhi and LeBron? Yes. I think that would be a move that would make us the favorites the next two years. The championships would be ours to lose. You just sign someone like Willie Reed or even get Ekpe back, and you play Draymond a number of minutes as a small-ball 5.

I'd be a definite yes on this. It'd be putting absolutely all the chips on the table, and I'm confident it would take us over the top.

No thank you, but I hope he doesn't end up on a good team (Clippers, Lakers, Rockets and Portland could make a real run at him).

Not sure what we have.

Exum, Davis and two 1sts might get it done but I doubt it.

I think I’d do it. That said, his shooting is a major concern.

Conley-Mudiay
Mitchell-O’Neale
Bogdanovic-Ingles
Green-Green
Gobert

That’s a sick core 9.

Here's my take:
I'd be a definite yes on this. It'd be putting absolutely all the chips on the table, and I'm confident it would take us over the top.

Draymond does EVERYTHING very well, and mostly stuff that doesn't even show up in the box score! Putting him on the Jazz would make us overwhelming favorites to win the West! (If Conley continues to make progress and shoot well!)

giphy.gif

I don't see any way GSW is trading Green. He's the heart of their team, and there is no way they are blowing anything up. This season will suck for them, but next year they are off the hard cap and they have Steph, Klay and Draymond (plus possibly a pretty good pick).
I'm not a particularly big fan of Draymond, (although he's obviously a very, very good defender and a creator for others), and I don't think he'd be a great fit chemistry-wise, so I would say no. Obviously, if you could get him on the cheap, then sure, but that won't happen.

I would, but I think his extension complicates things on a trade. I am not sure they would let him go for what we could offer. Not sure we have the right salary fodder. Not necessarily worried about chemistry issues. He's an *******... but he's the competitive ******* type that helps you win.

He's going to be miserable on that team... they are going to be putrid now.

Not sure what we have.

Exum, Davis and two 1sts might get it done but I doubt it.

I think I’d do it. That said, his shooting is a major concern.

Conley-Mudiay
Mitchell-O’Neale
Bogdanovic-Ingles
Green-Green
Gobert

That’s a sick core 9.
We don't have two 1sts to send. We don't even have one to send, at least not until we start dipping into picks beyond 2025, and even then, at least one of those picks would have to be unprotected.

The Jazz don't have picks to trade. Royce is the closest thing the Jazz have to an asset like that.