What's new

Would you trade for...

Chargers Jazz Angels

Otto Porter Jr? He is not living up to his massive contract at all. Not even close really as he is a max player at 26 mil, 27 mil and 28.5 mil over the next three year. He doesn't seem to fit into what the Wizards are doing and they are big time into the luxury tax.

Positives are he is a very good defender that is a GREAT 3pt shooter. At 6'8" he can play the PF with the Jazz next to ingles and Gobert. It would give the Jazz an amazing 3 pt shooting starting unit.

I would guess something like Burks, Thabo, Udoh and Jerebko could make it happen. They could then not guarantee thabo, udoh and jerebko and save themselves almost 14 mil straight up and maybe even more with luxury tax savings.

It would get them low enough to sign any one big but it would be good for the team.

**** I am not a capologist so I don't know of this can happen but it is something to think about. I think it would be amazing for the Jazz

***the wizards might want more then just cap relief they might ask for a pick or Bradley

** I think if the Wizards do release the players they can re-sign with the Jazz????

Last edited:
Really liked Otto Porter since the draft and would have liked to have him mid season, but I think we get as much traction with what we’ve got. Firmly believing we’re one Mirotic away from 60 wins next year.

If they have a 1st round exit they may look to blow it up... I have a feeling they may want to move off that Wall contract.

Regardless, I hope we find a way to get Dario Saric. He's becoming one of my favorite guys to watch and I think he would be a perfect fit in our system and playing next to Rudy.

I think theres a 2% chance of it happening and we'd have to give up a good player on a good contract (Crowder) and picks while taking back someone like Bayliss.

What can mirotic do that Porter can't? Porter is a better shooter and defender.

Sent from my Z981 using JazzFanz mobile app

niko is quite a bit better rebounder.

Porters shooting percentages are pretty damn insane I gotta say. 50/44/83

The contract is scary but he is just entering his prime (24 years old) and if Snyder works some magic on him...........

a resounding yes. He is 6'8" with a 7'0" wing span.

How are his numbers (+/- or whatever numbers are best to look at) at the 4 as compared to the 3?

Can anyone provide those for him.over the last 2-3 years?

looking at the exact numbers it would be tough for washington to clear cap space. Even if they did this trade and stretched Mahinmi they would still be sitting at 91 million for 7 contracts. only 10 mil to sign 5 to 6 more players

Wall,
Beal, Burks
Oubre, Satoransky
Morris
Gortat,

They would have their draft picks and i would want bradley for some depth. I just can't see Washington doing this just to save money.

When the cap kept going up, 27M didn’t seem so bad. But considering how it’s slowed or even stagnated, there’s no way I want Porter here at that cost. He’s not a difference maker imo but would completely tie up our money, thus prohibiting us from possibly retaining our own guys or going after other guys.

No thanks.

I've been thinking Jrue Holiday is really good, and people on here for some time have pointed this out, but after watching the Pels beat Portland and the job he did defending Lillard, he just moved up a notch. He plays All-Star level on both ends of the court. But he's locked up by the Pels longer than Davis. Looking at their salary situation, they will be way over the cap if they sign Cousins and keep Mirotic. Seems Mirotic is the odd man out, but would the Pels be better off signing and trading Cousins for a bunch of high draft picks? Is that a realistic scenario?

I've been thinking Jrue Holiday is really good, and people on here for some time have pointed this out, but after watching the Pels beat Portland and the job he did defending Lillard, he just moved up a notch. He plays All-Star level on both ends of the court. But he's locked up by the Pels longer than Davis. Looking at their salary situation, they will be way over the cap if they sign Cousins and keep Mirotic. Seems Mirotic is the odd man out, but would the Pels be better off signing and trading Cousins for a bunch of high draft picks? Is that a realistic scenario?
No. You’d have to align a lot of things:

1. A team that wants Cousins enough to give up high draft picks.
2. That team having said high draft picks.
3. Cousins wanting to sign with that team.
4. That team not having the ability to create space to sign him out-right.
5. NOP wanting those picks.
6. NOP willing to take back the same kind of salary they’d have to pay Cousins to get those picks.

There are more variables, but those are some key ones.