What's new

Wow! Rondo vs. Wall

Dr. Jones

In pursuit of #9
Contributor
Thought this would be an epic matchup. Wrong.

Rondo
0pts
2rbs
4asts
1stl

Wall
26pts
7rbs
17asts
3stls

Rondo is a stats-hog. He passes up open layups to get assist (to contested jumpers, not to someone else getting a layup).

Wall is legitimately good. Rondo is only good if surrounded by other great players.

Rondo is a stats-hog. He passes up open layups to get assist (to contested jumpers, not to someone else getting a layup).

Wall is legitimately good. Rondo is only good if surrounded by other great players.

So not stat hog but assists hog, right?

So not stat hog but assists hog, right?

Yes. Pretty sure you can find videos on youtube of him passing up wide open layups and passing out to contested jumpers while he was working some kind of record for most consecutive 10+ assist games.

Thought this would be an epic matchup. Wrong.

Rondo
0pts
2rbs
4asts
1stl

Wall
26pts
7rbs
17asts
3stls

wow... I know Wall is on the up, but what's happened to Rondo???

He leads the league in assists.. so I would say a bad game?

Lol.

PKM makes a big deal out of Rondo not producing, then schools Hottyk on its just a bad game.

You can't win tripleK. You are wrong no matter what.

Rondo was legit good when the Celtics won the championship. He was huge for them.

I've heard he has been padding his stats lately. What does it matter? He's in a contract year on a bad team. Can you blame him? At least it's passing stats and not shooting.

I'm not ashamed to admit that if I played in the NBA I would definitely be concerned about my stats. Stats are what gets you paid. And it could mean the difference between tens of millions of dollars. I like the win first guy just as much as the next guy, but you have to put yourself in their shoes. You can't pass up the chance at mass amounts wealth for you and your family. I'd rather make 300 million over my career and never win a championship, than make 75 million and have a couple rings.

It would be cool that if instead of the players getting paid millions of dollars. They get paid 100' s of thousands, and the rest goes to their city when they win games.

Rondo was legit good when the Celtics won the championship. He was huge for them.

I've heard he has been padding his stats lately. What does it matter? He's in a contract year on a bad team. Can you blame him? At least it's passing stats and not shooting.

I'm not ashamed to admit that if I played in the NBA I would definitely be concerned about my stats. Stats are what gets you paid. And it could mean the difference between tens of millions of dollars. I like the win first guy just as much as the next guy, but you have to put yourself in their shoes. You can't pass up the chance at mass amounts wealth for you and your family. I'd rather make 300 million over my career and never win a championship, than make 75 million and have a couple rings.

It would be cool that if instead of the players getting paid millions of dollars. They get paid 100' s of thousands, and the rest goes to their city when they win games.

Hack = Tmac of Jazzfanz?