What's new

WOW

https://www.slamonline.com/media/slam-tv/damian-lillard-dunked-rudy-gobert-video/

And this is on the guy everyone around here raves about?????????????

Few years ago I told people id take Lillard over Kyrie and people laughed at me.

Damien Lillard and his 34% 3pt shooing. Kyrie and his 41% 3pt shooting.

Damien Lillard, the PG leading his team to 3 wins in their last 11 games. Kyrie, the PG who has won 11 straight games.

Perhaps there is a reason they laughed. lol. dumbass.

I don't think Gobert thought Lillard was going to blow by the guard out front. Lillard got to the rim amazingly fast. Helluva player.

I don't think Gobert thought Lillard was going to blow by the guard out front. Lillard got to the rim amazingly fast. Helluva player.

Yep. definitely took Rudy by surprise and showed ridiculous explosion on the play. sometimes you just tip your hat and get him next time.

Sometimes it's nice to know that Rudy's still a human being. It's easy to forget.

And no matter that he called Lilliard a great player (because he is) some trol. . . er. . . guys are just fun to laugh at.

Am I the only one that doesn't think "being dunked on" is such a huge deal? A NBA player dunked the ball when there was someone standing beneath the basket. Big deal. I don't get the appeal of it or people saying "WOW."

nobody is mentioning Milsap falling down or getting destroyed on the cross over or taking a swipe at the ball instead of playing position defense or Kanter just watching the play.

Gobert was put in a tough position either he challenged and left his man to dunk or also play the passing lane. If Gobert had rolled over Lilard would have jsut dropped the ball off.

Am I the only one that doesn't think "being dunked on" is such a huge deal? A NBA player dunked the ball when there was someone standing beneath the basket. Big deal. I don't get the appeal of it or people saying "WOW."
check out the sandy braille gif revived by dalamon. summarizes it and gives you a great amount of laughter as bonus.

nobody is mentioning Milsap falling down or getting destroyed on the cross over or taking a swipe at the ball instead of playing position defense or Kanter just watching the play.

Gobert was put in a tough position either he challenged and left his man to dunk or also play the passing lane. If Gobert had rolled over Lilard would have jsut dropped the ball off.

Lol Enes has absolutly nothing to do w/ that play. Nothing!

About the play:

Rudy is the right guy to help and he did exactly that. He got dunked on? Who cares. Rudy is our only reliable rim-protector. He'll get dunked on every now and then. I couldn't care less. There are a lot of bigs out there(like 95%) who would just let Damian dunk but Rudy doesn't care. He just tries to do his job and that is why he will excel.

Can someone post that again please? I've only seen it once and LMAO'd
post # 1707 in the gif thread
iI1NvVnR7mSyG.gif

Lol Enes has absolutly nothing to do w/ that play. Nothing!

About the play:

Rudy is the right guy to help and he did exactly that. He got dunked on? Who cares. Rudy is our only reliable rim-protector. He'll get dunked on every now and then. I couldn't care less. There are a lot of bigs out there(like 95%) who would just let Damian dunk but Rudy doesn't care. He just tries to do his job and that is why he will excel.

Favors is a pretty good rim protector too.

Lillard is really good, but the edge probably still goes to Irving.

Irving is a real special talent. That's the biggest reason why Lebron went back to Cleveland. No Irving, no Lebron.

Irving is just still trying to figure out how to turn it into winning basketball. I think it will happen.

I'd say Irving probably has the best handles in the league, with Harden a close second.

Both Lillard and Irving are great shooters, but Irving edges him there too.

Yeah I guess Gobert will have to console himself with allowing All Star LA to 4 points in 3 quarters with the nastiest one on one defense I have seen in at least a decade. It's small potatoes, but. . .