What's new

Yahoo Jefferson Article

Probably many have read this but in case some haven't seen it.

https://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=AuOG3RMhLR7Y5p_Gmrt9bTK8vLYF?slug=mc-jeffersonjazz072610

I like how he said him and Williams have been communicating regularly since the trade. How he hopes him and Deron will be here for a long time together and win a championship.

I am excited to see how Jefferson and Williams play together. Hopefully their excitement for each other means good chemistry on the court.

“One reason I came to Utah is so me and Deron could grow old together and win a championship,” Jefferson said. “No disrespect [to Stockton and Malone] … I hope we are better and we win a championship. I hope so. I would love that.”

sorry you can merge or delete this. we must have been writing our posts at the same time.

I think we need to keep them separate. They are unique. But I don't wanna backseat mod.

“One reason I came to Utah is so me and Deron could grow old together and win a championship,” Jefferson said. “No disrespect [to Stockton and Malone] … I hope we are better and we win a championship. I hope so. I would love that.”

Uh...I don't think Jefferson had a choice to come to Utah. Odd that he would say that.

Such a happy thought...that he wants to grow old with Deron.

It is nice to hear a player WANTS to be in Utah. But does the LHM group sell Bentleys? I know they have a big Toyota dealership.

Uh...I don't think Jefferson had a choice to come to Utah. Odd that he would say that.

In his press conference he said when he knew it would be between Dallas and Utah Jefferson told his agent to work as hard as he could to make sure he goes to Utah.

I think he said in an interview that he preferred Utah over Dallas and told his agent to make it happen if possible. What's more encouraging is that he's willing to stay (assuming Deron does). Now, at what price, who knows? But if he turns into an all-star, then we have our Big 2 and perhaps could convince one more very good player to sign at the MLE to form our own version of the Big 3.

Add 2 all-star caliber players alongside the best PG, you just may have something, especially if you can surround them with a couple of other quality starters and 3-4 good bench players.

In his press conference he said when he knew it would be between Dallas and Utah Jefferson told his agent to work as hard as he could to make sure he goes to Utah.

Because Jefferson's agent had SO much leverage in negotiating with the 'Wolves.

Because Jefferson's agent had SO much leverage in negotiating with the 'Wolves.

just saying what jefferson said. Every interview I heard with Kahn he also has mentioned that he is happy Jefferson went to Utah because he knew Jefferson could excel in the Jazz system and could become an All-Star here.

Kahn is an enigma to me. Why would he want to help a division rival? And worse yet, hope the guy becomes an all-star? I guess I would understand Kahn a little better if he's a total moran. Takes one to know one, right? I just hope he's not an evil genius or something.

Such a happy thought...that he wants to grow old with Deron.

It is nice to hear a player WANTS to be in Utah. But does the LHM group sell Bentleys? I know they have a big Toyota dealership.
Maybe Lexus would've been better given the Toyota connections.

Also I think AJ and DW will make sweet music together, maybe even better then this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7CYI5bKZMes

just saying what jefferson said. Every interview I heard with Kahn he also has mentioned that he is happy Jefferson went to Utah because he knew Jefferson could excel in the Jazz system and could become an All-Star here.

Kahn is rebuilding. In his mind, he probably has a vision that's 5 years down the road (2-3 years to assemble the team, another couple to develop and tweak). Jefferson's time is now. In 5 years, he'll be 30 and on the decline. I'll admit I haven't followed Jefferson's career much, except for knowing his stat line. I did see him a lot more this past season in March/April, as I was doing my "Knicks watch" and hoping some other teams would catch NY in the standings. I watched way too many TWolves, 76'ers, Kings and Clippers games - along with the Knicks.

I admit Jefferson looked a bit lost in that triangle. But Al seems to be a great guy, at least from his interviews. Maybe Kahn respects him as a player and person and wants the best for him. After all, Al never demanded a trade; it was necessitated by McHale's switch to the triangle and the TWolves going into rebuilding mode. They wanted to offload Jefferson's salary, a big reason he ended up with us instead of Dallas (Mavericks wanted to send back some contracts).

I'm glad dwill and big al are in contact with eachother
That's definitely a big plus.

I think this is going to be the best group the Jazz have had. I don't see conflicts anywhere. Raja might be a little intense, but maybe that's what the team needs - a veteran with some cachet that can speak his mind when needed. Man I wish pre-season was soon. I am so excited to see how this team does. I think the last time I was this primed was when the Jazz had that great start several years ago.

I like that they're talking regularly but ****, I want to hear that they're practicing together regularly. The season ended almost three months ago. Play time's over. And actions that demonstrate one wants to win a championship are louder than words about it.