What's new

Yeah, I did it. I went to the longest running theatrical release in history.

Darkwing Duck

That would be Rocky Horror Picture Show for those who didn't know. Didn't dress up, but it was fun throwing rice and rolls of toilet paper around. I do kind of recommend seeing the movie first before going to an audience participation event, since one friend had no idea was going on and didn't really seem all that entertained.

Explain. You go to a movie theater and freely toss **** around and don't have 20 ushers coming in trying to get you to leave?

Explain. You go to a movie theater and freely toss **** around and don't have 20 ushers coming in trying to get you to leave?

You've never been to the Rocky Horror Picture Show?!? Not only do you throw TP and rice, you throw wieners, toast & squirt water and dress up in women's lingerie. You shout at the screen and each other the entire movie. You even get to dance to a snappy little musical number.

I do kind of recommend seeing the movie first before going to an audience participation event...

I totally disagree. It's these first timers that let you get off some good zingers. Just when they think they are getting the hang of it they start squirting water because it's raining but Brad and Janet are still in the car. "It doesn't rain in the car ********!"

In fact, outside of the audience participation the movie actually sucks very badly.

He had no idea what was going on, so he really couldn't get any zingers off. And since it was so loud, he couldn't hear anything, either.

Stupid movie - but it is an experience not to be missed. Once was enough for me, however.

You've never been to the Rocky Horror Picture Show?!?

I'm young, it sounds like something old people would do. Or a cult. Actually it looks like something I would check out on a date. It's just a Halloween thing though, right? I might have to check it out next year if I'm in an area where it is taking place.

Just for the record I use the name "Katie" with great reluctance. It's only because people have the option of hiding behind whatever name they choose on the internet that I honor this.

You've never been to the Rocky Horror Picture Show?!? Not only do you throw TP and rice, you throw wieners, toast & squirt water and dress up in women's lingerie. You shout at the screen and each other the entire movie. You even get to dance to a snappy little musical number.

I totally disagree. It's these first timers that let you get off some good zingers. Just when they think they are getting the hang of it they start squirting water because it's raining but Brad and Janet are still in the car. "It doesn't rain in the car ********!"

In fact, outside of the audience participation the movie actually sucks very badly.

You are reluctant to call me Katie, yet seem to have no problem with men dressing in lingerie. Makes perfect sense. :rolleyes:

Im aghast that viewings of this movie are allowed in the state of Utahr. No doubt this viewing did not take place in a LHM owned theatre.

Im aghast that viewings of this movie are allowed in the state of Utahr. No doubt this viewing did not take place in a LHM owned theatre.

You're right. I know The Tower does this every October. Not sure if any other theatres do it.

My wife has never seen it and after it was featured on Glee, she asked if we could get it on Netflix. I told her no, because I didn't want toast, rice, toilet paper, etc. thrown in our living room. Damn it, Janet. Then I explained that the movie is god-awful, but it's great when seen in a theater with other people.